Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NANDKISHOR H DEVLEKAR (Senior Engineer)     06 July 2016

Society committee has taken major work without flat owners.

Hi,

Old Post:

==================

Recently our society has been formed and there are lots of maintenance work going on in society. But our society memebers do not send any notice or they do not take any advice from flat owners. In meeting I told them many times that do not perform any work without owners permission. The work is affecting the maintainance balance. The president is increasing the maintainance without any meeting. Can we take any action against the president?

====================================

As per my previus post suggestions I discussed with Society Secretary  and President. They are saying now,  the decision was taken by Committe memebers, flat owners dosent required for such decision. They have done many construction  and  changes work in society without flat owners.

I have more questions.

1. Is it mandatory that society committe should send the meeting letter to every flat owners house? Because I dont get any letter and I have missed the many meetings, when I asked them they are saying noticed was writtern on board for meeting. I am frequent travllers, I dint noticed the notice board as I was not present there, I never got call for meeting. Is there any law, if yes what is that?

2. Can society committe memebers take the major maintaince decision without flats owners permissions? There is no meeting held for flat owners,. Is there any such law?

3. I have objection for one of the society gate, which inconvenience all people to go out /in in lift, so I have requested society to open the gate but committe members is not ready. I have already given 2 letters but no action take. Can I simply go ahead open the lock? Is there any law where I can take action on such objections?

Appreciate your time :)

Thanks and Regards

Nandkishor H Devlekar

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     07 July 2016

Sir,

The managing committee of a housing society can spend a certain amount for the maintenanace of the property of the society, this amount is fixed in the ratio of the number of members in a society, and decided at the first AGM.

The sanction of all members of the societyat the AGM/SGM is to be taken for all major repairs and/or any further larger amount that needs to be spent.

The meeting of the managing committee is to be ideally held every month, only the members of the managing committee are to be invited.

At the time of the AGM, which has to be held on or before 15th September every year, all the members are to be compulsarily invited. At the AGM each member can submit his suggestions and/or draw the attention of the members to the acts of commissions and/or ommissions of the managing committee. The suggestioons should be in writing for any evidentiary value.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 November 2016

1.  Stop Society Service charges and prosecute the Society in the Consumer Court.  This will permanently set right many things in the Society.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  https://www.maharashtra-society-help-forum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register