LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shoban (Advocate)     09 December 2008

Social Impact of Divorce on Women...

It is an age old topic to discuss with but still the prevelance is still there. The Divorced women are abused and ill treated in all forms of their social life either by their own family members or by the public. I strongly believe that a situation must arise where divorce women are treated more respectfully.

I request you to post some good articles on this subject.....

Shoban

Learning

7 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     09 December 2008

I personally feel that in the urban areas the sitauation has changed. Society has started to accept divorcees without any stigma.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     10 December 2008

In Kerala there is no such a problem.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     10 December 2008

There might be a stigma on the part of the children that their parents live seperately. But that too be a lesson for them to understand the society.

Shoban (Advocate)     10 December 2008

Members thanks for all your valuable comments.... to make the thread more interesting... i request you to post your personal incidents which u came across wher divorcees are treated with stigma of any kind.....

Shoban (Advocate)     10 December 2008

Praksh sir,

Kindly request you to post some articles you came across on this concerned issue....

Regards,

Shoban

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     10 December 2008

I think we should promote high education among the girls/women so that they may create a high status in the society.It may be a remedy to the problem.Apparently such problems are not in the states where level of education is high.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     11 December 2008

Arranged marriages fail some times, may be far and few in India. The arranged marriages do not break up that easy. There are several reasons why arranged marriages do not fail that much. A lot of precautions are taken. Community match, social match, financial stability match and horoscopes match and what more can you ask for?

With such broad based preparations and precautions, arranged marriages can not fail. But it does fail. May be a few!

When a boy gets married to a girl, their two families also establish a bond of relationship and friendship. These families share happiness and grief together. They participate in every ceremony and function. It may be child-birth, naming ceremony, marriage, house warming or funeral; both the families are involved and active in these activities. The daughter of one family becomes the daughter in law of the other family. Similarly the son becomes the son in law. Both become two solid pillars of the united families.

If and when they break up and seek a divorce, both the families get a shock, a storm or an earth quake; may be all these rolled into one. The shock waves reach their very root. Every one is confused. They do not know how to react. They do not know what to say to others in the community. How can they hate these two? They learned to approve them, they recognized them, accepted them; and began to love them.

The relationship is not like an electric switch; put it on and put it off when you wish. Is there a way to settle their differences? Can’t they bring about a compromise? Those who admired the couple are confused to the core. Society and horoscopes agreed whole heartedly to such a perfect alliance. And yet!

When the mystery is revealed the whole community would stand still!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register