Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 June 2011

Slxt Walk - A National Shame

Slxt Walk – A National Shame

Media is projecting Slxt Walk in India as an initiative by 19 year old Umang Sabarwal, a journalism student at the Kamla Nehru College in South Campus in New Delhi. If a girl of this age is having a discreet s*xual relationship with a guy of same age and later break up for whatever reasons, she, along with her parents will file RAPE charges on the guy. Media will drum it up as “19 year old guy LURED an innocent girl for his s*xual perversions”. RIGHT !!!!

I’m just trying to point out the double standard that media and our legal system takes in two different scenarios. Not so long ago we saw a 12 year old girl accusing domestic violence against her father. Here also the “prudence” of this minor girl got glorified rather unmasking the nauseating attitude of her mother to misuse children to fight her divorce battle!

Apparently, I don’t understand what is this hue and cry all about?
Rape in Delhi is actually decreasing. Those who know how to read numbers know that rape in Delhi is decreasing. Media is giving false alarm to get more readers. In the past decade population of Delhi has grown several folds but number of rape has not grown proportionately. Another crucial thing that people should understand is what exactly a “Rape” as per the law is. Not many people, I doubt even Umang Sabarwal, are aware that as per Indian Penal Code, “s*x under false promise of marriage” is also considered to be “RAPE”. Also look at the kind of number which is in discussion right now; A total of 489 rape cases were registered last year as compared to 459 in 2009, based on reports from Delhi Police Commissioner B.K. Gupta. Last year Pune police reported that 74% of rape cases were consensual s*x. Looking at the current trend of false accusations, this figure gives you the indication that 30 more guys got trapped and blackmailed in 2010!!!

Above all, how can we reach a conclusion that an offense has been committed just by looking at the number of cases registered? If that would be the case, then why would we spend a lot of money on running courts, trials and police? All we need is just jails. People can give complaints in jail and the authorities can put the accused behind bars with out any investigation or fair trial! Isn’t it? The need of the hour is not Slxt Walk, but Sexual Intimidation Law. Other related demands that men put forward are mentioned in my About page.

Recently I read about a substandard article published in DNA praising “Slxt Walk”. This article illustrates ideologies of Umang Sabarwal, Neha Jayshankar, 22, a sociology student in JNU, Diya Manjrekar, 35, a guest lecturer on Culture and Social Studies in Delhi University and Shilpa Phadki a writter. Their ideologies prove that these women seem to have very low level of IQ! They are against objectifying women but what they are doing is protesting for the rights to wear s*xually provoking attires and thereby objectifying themselves ! How dumb? Isn’t it? The language used by the Canadian police officer was inappropriate but the message was loud and clear; “If women don’t want to be s*xually assaulted, they should avoid dressing like Slxts.” The message is, if women strip in public, men get the signal that “here comes a s*x object”. No one is imposing burkhas for women here; all they have been asked for is to take responsibility for their own actions.

No one will accuse the pedestrian for his injuries/death who recklessly cross the highway and run over by the fast moving vehicles. Everyone knows the all the vehicles come with breaking system and expect them to stop in order to avoid a wreck but that doesn’t mean that there will never be a wreck. Its not blame-the-victim theory, it’s all about taking responsibility of one’s own actions. No wonder Barbara Kay, a famous columnist in Canada says “Feminism is dead, what you see is just whining”.

Credits:
Prassoon Suryadas

Learning

6 Replies

zimmerzapper (student)     20 June 2011

thank goodness you posted this, i read about the indian version only yesterday on yahoo, it was called "besharmi morcha" was it the same girl who was starting that too? i think this one is doing it for publicity and to secure a future in anti male ndtv. grown up women are not some innocent babies who don on those clothes on their body, they clearly understand the nature of attraction those clothes get them and they wear them to get that attention.(in this regard women are actually more unfaithful than men). they expect mental faithfulness from their husbads, but they don't want to be mentally faithful to their husbands

this is the height of  feminist sleaze and tyranny. when a man imposes himself on a woman physically it is called rape, but when a woman mentally imposes herself on a man wearing those kind of dresses it is not called rape, actually it is nothing but mental rape.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 June 2011

@ Zimmerzapper

These 'Slxt walks' prove feminism is now irrelevant to most women's lives"

Read link:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2002887/Slut-Walks-prove-feminism-irrelevant-womens-lives.html

This is what I objected in one of my earlier thread Post titled "Metro Wife's club" post on loose talking and forward pub going women and their pink chaddhi failed campaign which was to my surprise justified by almost all active women writers in some or the other tone here till the thread was closed down ;-)

It also reminds me of few months back one of my another post where one of the Delhi’s trial Court gave divorce to a women who was wearing explicitly revealing cloths during honeymoon period and post coming back to matrimonial home too and almost all active women writers here in LCI then supported that women which is the point only these active women writers can bring sense and sensibilities to and to me it is topic beyond my comprehension.

So going into women's mind is a century old concept ! I have given up what about you :-)  

zimmerzapper (student)     21 June 2011

no i won't give up on understanding them. i wonder if even they know what they are justifying, they tangle themselves in some arguement over another issue and they bring unreleted points to justify and settle scores. i wanted to post some articles on what kind of inequalities men suffer at various levels in life, but i'm not getting time to complete. you'll know my views on them when they come out.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 June 2011

"Naming the protest 'slut walk' degrades women even if it has shock value," said Shobha De, a best-selling fiction writer.

"It's a campaign driven by women in the West. It does not connect with women in the Indian context," De said Wednesday on the TimesNow television channel.

Link:

https://www2.counton2.com/news/2011/jun/22/slutwalk-plan-triggers-debate-on-women-in-india-ar-2011145/

zimmerzapper (student)     22 June 2011

it is so delicious to read how the so called rigid social attitudes is always blamed on the mindsets of males of society.

we should ask ourselves why there aren't movies like "secretary" where the male would be secretary and his female boss would have affair with him. or why there aren't songs like "falak dekhun" sung by women for men. this would give us an idea of the cause of these so called social attitudes. isn't it because of the vanity position women in general enjoy in a society, when women achieve equality, she tries to consolidate her superiority in the areas she enjoys it, they don't want to promote harmony in society. this keeps men in an emotionally parched state which compels them to do stupid things.

zimmerzapper (student)     30 June 2011

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register