LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny Day   03 April 2017

Slp: apex court

My service matter Appeal is listed in the division bench of Calcutta High Court. The final order is likely to come in April/May 2017. In case an adverse order is passed, I have to proceed to the Supreme Court.

Since there is only 90 days' time to file SLP in Supreme Court, and there is a long summer vacation during May - July 2017, shall I be able to file during vacation, if required?

Please help me.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     03 April 2017

Dear Sir, 

After the order is passed, u can contact me for filing before the Supreme Court. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

V.Govindaradjou (Advocate)     04 April 2017

You can file in the vacation court if you need any interim order.

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     06 April 2017

The limitation period would be reckoned from the date of the impugned order to the date of filing of the SLP minus the days taken by High Court Registry in preparing a Certified Copy of the order. Irrespective of Supreme Court summer vacations, the Registry of Supreme Court is open throughout the vacations besides Saturdays,Sundays and public holidays. So you may go ahead and file the SLP with the Registry within the limiation period. Whether it'd be taken up for hearing or not during the vacations is another matter. So far as I understand, service matters generally do not entail the kind of urgency so as to demand a listing before a vacation bench, but like I said, that is another matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register