Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Confused Indian (Legal)     07 February 2015

Sikh muslim marriage in india

forum,

i am a muslim girl who wants to marry her sikh boyfriend. how to get married?? i have been told that we can get married in gurdwara and then register our marriage or under special marriage act. but specialmarriage act is too time consuming and my parents will come to know since notice comes in newspaper... is it legal to get married in gurdwara?? will it assume i have converted??

plz help me. i am really sad that i cant marry because of religion :((

Learning

6 Replies

SANTOSHSINGH. (ADVOCATE sardarsena@gmail.com)     07 February 2015

You can do marriage in GURUDWARA, it is legal.

Now a days no notice in paper for special marriage act but even ONLY GURUDWARA marriage is also legal.

1 Like

Confused Indian (Legal)     07 February 2015

thanks for your reply Santosh ji. i asked the magistrate in my locality and he said that newspaper notice is compulsory.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     07 February 2015

Now a days no notices are sent to the addresses and no publication done in the newspaper, but one copy of your application with your photo and complete address will be tagged on the notice board of the marriage officer, you can marry in the gurudwara but she have to change her religion otherwise marriage will legally void .
1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     10 February 2015

enquire in the sub registrar office directly you will get the information as now they will keep in the notice board for 30 days and then after they will register you marriage with both parties consent 

and in gurudwara you have to change religion it is compulsory 

Advocate/CS Sanjeev Kataria ( Advocate)     13 March 2015

you can not solemnise your marriage at gurudwara until unless you convert into sikhism, your marriage can be under special marriage act. notice is not required to be delivered at your house but it will be published on board of marriage registrar for 30 days.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 July 2016

Originally posted by : Advocate Sanjeev Kataria

you can not solemnise your marriage at gurudwara until unless you convert into sikhism, your marriage can be under special marriage act. notice is not required to be delivered at your house but it will be published on board of marriage registrar for 30 days.

fully agreed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register