Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jishaan Solkar (Electrical Engineer)     21 October 2014

Show cause notice from passport

Dear 

I aplied for a re-issue of passport under tatkal scheme in october 14 2013 and i received my passport before police verification.I left India on 21st of november 2013.Before leaving india i shifted my family to my sisters house on 5th of november 2013. I approached police station 2-3 times before i left india for enquiry of my post police verification, and they said papers are not with them and will take time. In january 2014 police verification was initiated and the police officer said everything is ok to my family. Yesterday i received a show cause notice from Passport office stating police verification says NOT STAYING and i have to apply for fresh passport with correct details also they are asking for explanation why action should not be taken under passport act. Kindly help me what will be my next step. Is my passport going to be impounded when i come back to India, or can i apply for a fresh passport through Indian embassy in UAE.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2014

You have to give proper reply to the show cause notice issued by the passport authorities seeking explanation based on the police verification report.  You may state the facts and explain the circumstances that why you were not available in the said address when the police approached for verification. Based on your satisfactory explanation and reply, the authorities if convinced, shall close the notice and will ratify the issue of passport.

Jishaan Solkar (Electrical Engineer)     23 October 2014

Thanks forn your prompt reply. But PVR says NOT STAYING and my family is no more staying in the same address.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register