show cause notice by rpo

Dear Members,
                       This post is with regard to application for re-issue of passport of my 
                       wife and addition of spouse name after re-marriage.

          Her 1st passport(FRESH) was made when she got made earlier and            addition of spouse name. During this first application her Date of Birth was 
 mentioned wrong in the passport. This passport was applied from her side.Not clear who applied...either her parents/grandparents or through agent

          Her 2nd Passport (RE-ISSUE) was made after divorce, and deletion of spouse name. During this application...her date of birth was same as per the earlier passport.This passport was applied by her parents

          Her 3rd Passport (RE-ISSUE), which i have applied for, i continued with the same Date of Birth as per her previous passports.
           Documentation and Police Verification is done but a Show cause notice has been sent by RPO , in regards to documents required :
a) Birth certificate/10th marksheet
b) Proof of residence of her previous stay
            The Documents i had submitted were:
               a) Bank Statement - for current proof address (XEROX)
               b) Her Old Passport (Xerox)
               c) Our Marriage Certificate
    Date of Birth is not mentioned in either of these documents.

I have her Birth Certificate with her maiden name and with the Correct date of birth
Passport Date of Birth : 15/10/76
Birth Certificate date   :  15/8/78

Difference in date of birth is not more than TWO years

I also have her Aadhar card and Voter id...with her correct date of birth along with her current residential address.

As regard to the second document required by the Show Cause Notice By RPO for her previous residential proof , i have her Bank statement  with her name and previous address.

I would like to know , how do i respond to the show cause notice and what are the legal implications and procedures to follow after the response.

During her application for re-issue , I did write her date of birth as per  passport, which is incorrect, but i have not submitted any documents to support the same and neither do i have any documents to proof the same.

Please do help me and guide me in this regard.

I apologise for writing in detail my case, but i wanted to make sure , I dont miss out anything.

Thanking You in advance.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Complete Hindu Laws Course     |    x