LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 March 2014

Should teachers be put to election duty on teaching day

Despite the Historic Ruling of the Supreme Court in St.Mary's School and others, our State still continues to depute Teaching staff for Election duty. With Lok Sabha Election in the offing thousands of teaching staff  have been enlisted for election duty training. Even the Election Commission has stated before the Supreme Court in the aforementioned case that Teaching staff should not be put on election duty on teaching days and in March and April there will be examination and this will deprived the students of their Human Rights. I want to know if there is any Election Commission of India Notification exempting teaching staff for election duty or the reversal of St.Mary's School Judgment by the Supreme Court.

Learning

25 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 March 2014

In my opnion, teachers are very much enjoying with so many festival holidays, term holidays etc. Why not elections duty cannot be done in one or two days ? Is it a big problem for them ?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 March 2014

Problems and privilege is not that of teachers, but the the fundamental rights of the students and the right to education, which is the key to our future, especially after RTE 2009, and  Without protecting these rights our Preamble in the constitution has no meaning. On top of that, the Judgment of the Supreme Court has to be followed without asking why and how according to the Constitution. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2014

I tend to disagree wtih Mr Ramachary.  The ratio of working hours and leave entitlement can be compared.

teachers are at disadvntage than office staff

I tend to further disagree with Mr Ramachary. if deputed as Sector officer, BLO or observer one has to be away from duty for months.

I tend to disargee with Mr NK Assum

any right of anyone can be curtailed by procedure established by law.

section 27 of of RTE Ac is there

27. Prohibition of deployment of teacher for non-educational purposes

No teacher shall be deployed for any non-educational purposes other than the decennial population cencus, disaster relief duties or duties relating to elections to the local authority or the State Legislatures or Parliament, as the case may be.

i

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     25 April 2016

Election commission mafe things very clear in st Mary's school case, that stands; so u need to refer the case with a copy of the case to the state election commissioner, he would resolve  as per settled law.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     01 May 2016

I have first hand feel of this & fully disagree with the ENTIRE process. In many cases, people say something, something else is recorded. In many other cases, people change their options, opinions when they confront another sort of situation than what it was at the time of giving the 1ST option. There are no authentication processes to know that the person is giving the opinion & that the collector (Teacher in this case) is not filling up the form sitting at a hotel, park etc Data collector fills the forms/data sheet; Data is collected in pencil. Data is erased & rewritten by multiple people after the 1ST day. Teachers of the day are not the GURUS of India's yester years. They are employees who have bargaining power, skills in some aspects & nothing much beyond that. They are cunning & it is to such extent that they foster dummy chaps for their selfishness. Their partiality, greed, (arrogance - if you are unlucky to come across one such) costs one person & ups, ups, ups that cunning chap who got into that powerful teacher's scheme of plotting. There is much more to the system that they have acidiously built. This Teacher system is NOT AT ALL correct in many many many aspects & India has got into danger. ...  I THINK THE WHOLE PROCESS CAN BE REVAMPED & TECHNOLOGY DOES GIVE SUCH POSSIBILITY.

The system itself has some goods, but many many ills. It is not panacea nor the ideal system for ills that bog mankind or universe. Ills bog the system itself: The way system that caters to wide strata of subjects, different natured subjects, different levels should clearly, transparently define the way it distribute the earnings/opportunities etc etc & put the data online transparently for the entire society to view. All earnings, expenditure, savings, who is getting what, why, under what head, how much has been given so far, how much is s/he elligible etc should be known to every participant. But, today, in the name of 'Democracy' common pool earnings are being cornered by those with political support, knowledge in law, muscle power (goondaism) etc. People are not to be polluted with politics. But, this system does that, rather survives only because of that. Other forms of Governance have its own merits. The world survived thus far for us because of our good great great.... great grand fathers, mothers. The persons, their character matters, not much in names, this & that.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     03 May 2016

It is pertinent to acknowledge that no one is born mature. There are handful of good souls who do good at some situations & they have given insights. Gratitude to those good souls, Gurus. No, the number is too too .... too  too very miniscule; SO IT IS CORRECT TO SAY ONE SHOULD THANK THAT GOOD SOUL, GOOD GURU.

Well, 'Should teachers be put on election duty on teaching day?'. My answer is: 'Technology enables much more today. The question itself will have no significance. We can design, effect, run such near to ideal mechanism, ever vibrant system. Every decision, earning, expenditure can be monitored transparently on 24X7X365 basis. Everyone will be working, drawing, policing, deciding'.

This will need to redo  everything: Rules, processes, procedures etc. Define every aspect in public domain. Change the faces full & full. Make every decision, transaction fully transparent, fully fair, fully fool proof perpetually'. So, the question should Teachers (Or any specific professional) be put or not, be it on teaching day or otherwise will not arise at all. More injustices will not happen at all, to the Ruled in specific.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     12 May 2016

The quality of the person matters. Today, people study rules to break it, profit of it & the educated master the studies. TEACHERS SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY. Every decision of National importance need be referred to the people & not to 575, 71, 121 etc numbers. Today technology affords it. Further, every decision should have number of facets & not affect someone for no fault of his/her's the way it is happening today.

Couple of batchmates cheat in best of ways, do worst of politics, use muscle power, political links, language links, region links, spy, bad mouth, enter locked room/computer etc & grab all things. They are being ascribed as 'TEAshers' today. Slogan shouting, cunningness etc is valued, not simple behaviour, other qualities, ethics, hard work. They have built system, clout etc around themselves!

Some s/hes are claiming to be my teachers of this, that time & demand this & that. I owe them NOTHING. I will not give anyone ANYTHING for these sorts of demands & they are arm twisting me, cheating me, depriving me of my hard earnings, rightful aegis etc from the past 23 plus years. They are using hit-tech devices, networking with people on Gvt money etc & attacking me in ways that become difficult to prove in court, but the heart knows it all. What to do? I am going mad because of them. They have incurred me all sorts of losses, all sorts that God alone knows. I have lost BECAUSE OF THEM. They, their candidates have grown on these sacrifices. They have abused power, office to my deterimental interest. Lay man cannot do that, will be kind at heart. But, the more savvy bad hearts become, the more dangerous it turns to be. It is not the profession etc that should determine a national matter. The system should be designed in fool proof way.

As a kid, I have seen teachers in villages used to demand ghee, rice, vegetables, flour, clothes, this & that from students for this & that.

Today's elections, confidence votes etc etc are full of sins. Whom to cry to when system is being changed into that?

- As a concerned, educated citizen, I express my disagrement at the way system is being developed today & WISH New fully fair, fully transparent, fully equitable, fully uniform, rules comes into picture for all subjects. No partiality, no special treatments to anyone. All are equal. All get benefits in proportion to contributions, their worth; nothing more, nothing less.

Having said this, I also admit that I have seen couple of teachers go on bicycle for 15-20 Kms for free classes, free educating on this & this issue etc. Every teacher is not bad. All of us know nothing when we are born. Our parents, sisters, brothers are themselves teachers. So, let the profession, election, system etc not be blemished. Let them be made robust, fool proof, error free, exploitation etc free. Let no one be able to dominate, set terms to others on unjust perceptsLet there be nothing for anyone to rue about, the ruled in specific.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2016

Originally posted by : P Suresh
The quality of the person matters. Today, people study rules to break it, profit of it & the educated master the studies. TEACHERS SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY. Every decision of National importance need be referred to the people & not to 575, 71, 121 etc numbers. Today technology affords it. Further, every decision should have number of facets & not affect someone for no fault of his/her's the way it is happening today.

Couple of batchmates cheat in best of ways, do worst of politics, use muscle power, political links, language links, region links, spy, bad mouth, enter locked room/computer etc & grab all things. They are being ascribed as 'TEAshers' today. Slogan shouting, cunningness etc is valued, not simple behaviour, other qualities, ethics, hard work. They have built system, clout etc around themselves!

Some s/hes are claiming to be my teachers of this, that time & demand this & that. I owe them NOTHING. I will not give anyone ANYTHING for these sorts of demands & they are arm twisting me, cheating me, depriving me of my hard earnings, rightful aegis etc from the past 23 plus years. They are using hit-tech devices, networking with people on Gvt money etc & attacking me in ways that become difficult to prove in court, but the heart knows it all. What to do? I am going mad because of them. They have incurred me all sorts of losses, all sorts that God alone knows. I have lost BECAUSE OF THEM. They, their candidates have grown on these sacrifices. They have abused power, office to my deterimental interest. Lay man cannot do that, will be kind at heart. But, the more savvy bad hearts become, the more dangerous it turns to be. It is not the profession etc that should determine a national matter. The system should be designed in fool proof way.

As a kid, I have seen teachers in villages used to demand ghee, rice, vegetables, flour, clothes, this & that from students for this & that.

Today's elections, confidence votes etc etc are full of sins. Whom to cry to when system is being changed into that?

- As a concerned, educated citizen, I express my disagrement at the way system is being developed today & WISH New fully fair, fully transparent, fully equitable, fully uniform, rules comes into picture for all subjects. No partiality, no special treatments to anyone. All are equal. All get benefits in proportion to contributions, their worth; nothing more, nothing less.

Having said this, I also admit that I have seen couple of teachers go on bicycle for 15-20 Kms for free classes, free educating on this & this issue etc. Every teacher is not bad. All of us know nothing when we are born. Our parents, sisters, brothers are themselves teachers. So, let the profession, election, system etc not be blemished. Let them be made robust, fool proof, error free, exploitation etc free. Let no one be able to dominate, set terms to others on unjust percepts. Let there be nothing for anyone to rue about, the ruled in specific.

not understood what you want to say on the issue.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     01 July 2016

Sir,

It is already on record

Originally posted by : P Suresh
The quality of the person matters ..... TEACHERS SHOULD BE KEPT AWAY. ..........  

and add these words now "from election duty" & mean to say: 1). They need not be enlisted for election duty because they are teachers. Data collectors are aplenty (They are not even getting daily wages to keep their tummies full). 2). Enlisting teachers in election duty in this way, with this as criteria is leading to undesirables. (No disregard meant to anyone. But fact is fact).

Thank You,

Sh. P. Suresh

actually there cannot be any election without teachers.

Not understood how/why teachers are undesirabe.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     02 July 2016

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar
actually there cannot be any election without teachers.  

The system of 571s, 81s, 150s etc is doing more & more injustices. The very percept of democracy has got burnt & it is imperative to work up new system full & full.

It'll be possible to E-enable elections too & take care of even the grass roots aspects, all in record time & change what has been recorded.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register