LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sonika (student)     23 October 2012

Short income tax refund

As per ITR return tax payable is Rs 5366/- and TDS 12122/- and hence Refund as per return is Rs 6756.

However i received letter of Communication of Demamd Arrear from CPC dt-06.05.2012 containing demand of Rs 7076/-

In reply i filed rectification u/s 154 but got refund of Rs 2100/- only.

What remedies are available to me in order to recover short refund from income tax department.

Also TDS as per 26AS is Rs 9886/-

As per press release of Government of India / Ministry of Finance Department of Revenue Central Board of Direct Taxes vide No.402/92/2006-MC (03 of 2011)

In order to speed up refunds, TDS claims in all tax returns (ITR-1 to ITR-6) will be accepted without verification if the difference between the amount claimed in the return and the amount reflected in the TDS return (AS-26 statement) does not exceed one lakh rupees. This will enable the Income Tax department clear nearly 95 percent refunds without verifying each TDS claim. Cases with zero-matching, invalid TAN and difference exceeding Rs. 1 lakh will, however, be cleared only after due verification. This precaution is necessary to avoid refund frauds.

Learning

1 Replies

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     27 October 2012

Send a written Grievance Petition in this regard, to the Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, by Regd Post- Ackt. Due.

Wait for  30 days.

If no result, send a similar complaint to the Income Tax Ombudsman, who has  enough powers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register