Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthikeyan   02 January 2016

Sharing of grand parents property

Dear Experts,

Kindly give me your valuable opinions and guidelines of my query.

My grandfather has 4 sons and 2 daughters, among them 3 sons died(including my father).

As my 2 aunts doesnt require property. the total available lands equally divided to 4 sons verbally and they are doing farming.

My questions as follows.

1)As my father expired few years back, i want to register my fathers share in my name. is it possible?

2)My another 3 uncle sons doesnt want to register there fathers share right now.can i able to register my fathers share alone in my name.

Kindly advice on the above.

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 January 2016

if you want to do so first you must go for a family patition done with the consent of all the legal heirs and then you can mutate the deceased fathers share on your name

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 January 2016

Obtain death certificate,legal heir certificate and mutate the land in the name of successors.

Thereafter family partition may be registered.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 January 2016

Yes. all legal heirs (including your self) must go for partition. then only you can go for mutation. if other legal do not agree for, file a case for partition by consulting a counsel.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     03 January 2016

agreed as opined

shekhar_ts   04 January 2016

Dear Sir, my grand father (my mother's father) having land in tamil nadu. my grand father died 30 years back) My grandfather has 3 sons and 2 daughters, among them 3 sons and my mother died. my questions is, can I Claim on Grandfather's Property? Please advise me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register