Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipen (Manager)     24 February 2014

Share in fathers property

Hi,

My father bought a commercial property in the 1985 out of his own income. When he bought the property he registered it in my mothers name. My father passed away in 1996.I recently filed a partition suit asking for my fair share in property, however my mother has declined it since she is unfairly favoring my youmger brother. My mother has absolutely no source of income.Please advise what law is applicable in this case and what proof needs to be submitted in court in order to establish my claim.

Thanks

Dipen Yadav 

Learning

6 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 February 2014

You cannot go for partition suit ,it has become your mothers own property, she is at her own wisdom to do what ever she wants, you cannot contest that.

Dipen (Manager)     25 February 2014

This property was bought by my father before the "Benami Property Prohibition Act ' Of 1988.Can you please tell me what law applies in this case

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 February 2014

Was there any case pending against your father under this Act and the same has been proved, then you can think otherwise. if not you cannot

Dipen (Manager)     26 February 2014

Actually there is some more detail I would like to provide. The property was bought by father using funds from a HUF property.What is the law in this case.

Actually there is some more detail I would like to provide. The property was bought by father using funds from a HUF property.What is the law in this case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register