Shaha finlease credit recovery


A few days ago I got a call from Shaha Finlease saying my father borrowed a Standard Chartered Credit Card in 2002 and defaulted on paying Rs.27000. They told me that the total amount payable as of today was 24 Lakhs (yes, 24 Lakhs for 27000 default). My father passed away in 2014 and when I informed them the same, they asked me to settle for 10000 so that they can close the case. However, I haven't received any written communication from them before. I have no records of my father borrowing the money. They didn't give me any statement as well. Please advice as soon as possible what my next steps have to be. 


You may record all calls. Ask them to send all original/authenticated copies of all bills from the day1 to as on date, alongwith copy of communication from M/s Standarad Chartered Bank certifying that M/s Shaha Finlease is authorized to collect the dues if any on CC from your father and agreement  between M/s Standarad Chartered Bank and M/s Shaha registered post only alongwith letter citing their demands from you  and offer of Rs.10000/ to settle as full and final amount.......................................and stop calling you on phone and not to call anyone else.


Don't forget to mention that in its letter you are to be given min. of say 60 days time to examine, and revert.


As per Hindu SuccYou (son) are not liable to pay the debt of your father.

The dues may also be time barred.


There are many threads on M/s Shaha Finlease and M/s Standarad Chartered Bank at LCI and you can search by typing key words in box for search on right hand side...................







Once you have all documents with you ,you may show these to an able lawyer and settle the matter thru your lawyer only.



Dear Customer,

Kindly provide us your contact number to assist you on this.

please feel free to call or write to us for further clarification at 8976069758/

Thanks and Regards

Customer serivce 

Shaha Finlease Pvt Ltd





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu