Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

puneeth   03 November 2018

Settlement steps and procedures

Dear Lawyers,

My contested divorce proceedings are ongoing from 2012. Along with that fighting false 498A, section 3 &4 from 2016. Now the girl has finally agreed for a one-time settlement and part the ways. What steps should i take to settle down and come out without having any troubles down the lane. 

I was not satisfied with my family lawyer on the approach of getting into meditation mode, paying the cash(everything & not DD) the day we appear and issuing divorce decree ... Submit the decree to the criminal court and stop/quash the 498A. Also, he says that we dont need MoU as my contesting divorce is ongoing. I have great respect for his words but deep in my heart, my inner voice is saying to seek additional advice because of the trauma that i am going through.

Since the settlement events have some time gaps in between. The girl can play a crooked game as i have had this experience in the past. 

Hence seeking second opinion.

1. Is MoU not required?
  2. Is it good to pay in cash and everything in one go? 

Also could you please guide the procedures that I need to take up in the family court and criminal court. 

I dont mind to seek additional lawyer's help and guidance by paying the fee.

Regards

Puneeth

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register