Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mrindia (proproitor)     11 July 2014

Service tax not paid

hi,

if i have not paid service tax till noew but want to start paying it,what are the precautions should i take.

pls advise

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Pay the tax without avoiding it now. 

Pay any fines due on your account. 

This is the only precaution i can think of you should take. But on the other hand you can take chartered accounts advice as well.

dino (bussiness)     17 July 2014

hello sir i want tin number for my bussiness what proceeser to get tin number

KRISHNAN RAJA (Tax Consultant)     24 July 2014

Sir,

Please pay your pending Service Tax(which is pending upto date) with in 30.09.2014 because from 01.10.2014 Interest will be raised from 18% to 30% as per Notification 12/2014 dated 11.07.2014  i.e

upto 6 Months - 18%

More than 6 Months upto 1 Year - 24% (18% for the first 6 Months and 24% for the period of delay                                                                                -beyond 6 months)

More than 1 Year -  30% - (18% for the first 6 months and 24% for second 6 Months and 30%  for the                                                    -period of delay beyond 1 Year)

As per section 75:   3% concession on the applicable rate of Interest will continue to available to the SSP(small service providers) whose value of taxable service provided in a financial year does not exceed Rs.60 Lakhs any of the financial year.

If you have any doubt in this regard dont hesitate to write me.

K.Raja

krishnanraja2009@gmail.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register