Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Viktor Sanders (Director)     24 December 2014

Selling shares of a pvt ltd

Hello there, I hope you can helpp me.

I hold 60% of a Private Limited (Tourism Business). I am one of 4 directors of this Pvt, holding the majorit of the shares. Now I want to sell my shares in 5 years-installments. There is not yet a contract written but the idea is that I sign out as a director and give my shares back with signing the contract and then the payment of these shares will be done by the seller in 5-years-installments (he does not have the full amount ready, that's why he pays in 5 yearly parts).

Is there a way that I could still hold my shares untill full payment (after 5th year) has been executed without me being liable to anything of the company ... kind of a sleeping partner without any liability? And then sign out only when the full amount has been paid?

I would be most grateful for a profound advise in this matter,

thanking you very much!

Viktor

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 December 2014

Private shares cannot be sold as easily. Because private shares represent a stake in a company that is not listed on any exchange, finding a buyer may be difficult. The lack of information about most private companies tends to dissuade investors, who are usually very reluctant to buy into a company that they know nothing about.

The simplest solution for selling private stocks is to approach the issuing company and to inquire about what other investors did to liquidate their stakes. Some private companies may have buyback programs, which allow investors to sell their shares back to the issuing company

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register