LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balagei   25 July 2015

Selling a property where one of the legal heirs is not there

I have a situation. My mother in law is deceased and she has two daughters(My wife and her sister). So my father in law, my wife and her sister are the legal heirs. There is a property registered in the name of my wife and my mother in law. Now, we are planning to sell the property and  my sister in law cannot come over for the registration. Is there a way she can approve of the trasaction?

Learning

5 Replies

Jatin Mittal (Corporate Lawyer)     25 July 2015

Hi

Ask her to give the power of attorney in favor of some family member to sell the property, then she is not required to come herself. For any other clarification, feel free to write to me at mittaljets@gmail.com. No charges for the consultation.

Balagei   26 July 2015

This is a real good suggestion. I think this will save cost as well as time. One quick question, is it ok if my sister in law gets her power of attorney document registered in Karnataka where she stays and the property is located in tamil nadu?

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     26 July 2015

Asked her to sent you a registred power of attorney .person who get power my sale out by virtue of this power of attorney . Her presence is not require 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 July 2015

I agree with experts advise, get a registered POA in Karnataka in favour of either of them (father or sister or any one else-whom so ever your sister in-law has faith).

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 August 2015

Yes a power of attorney registered in Karnataka can be sent to Tamilnadu for the purpose of executing the sale deed on her behalf by her POA agent. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register