Seller has done fraud and not returning the money back

Hi All, 


I have come across to seller (Gaurav Prakash) of SA20 Sanjeeva town bungalow in Kolkata who has produced fake documents(Warisson and affidavits certificates) to show only child of his parents who died few years back. Deed of bungalow is on name of his father and now he is trying to sell me by doing fraud He has taken 65lacs as advance amount and signed on sale agrement and now we came to know that he has 2 more brothers and 2 more sisters. 

His father married two womens, First women Arunnima Prakash who died and left 3 childs including Gaurav Prakash and second women Kabita Prakash who is alive and has two childs staying with her. 

So legally all will be the legal heirs of this bungalow as deed of this bungalow is not in name of Gaurav. So now Gaurav is not either returning my money back nor he is convincing to his all legal heirs to come on date of registration and make me food every day by pushing the dates to future dates to return the money. 

I did FIR as wellfew days and Police is also not acting fast they have seized all original docs and sending details to DC to next step...Police is not taking action until they hear back from DC. which may take 1-2 months of time and i dont want to keep this issue going on. Looking for immediate help so that i can get my money back along with compensation/fine and interest as its been over 4 months now. 


Please advise what should i do in this case now ?

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. You can file a Police FIR, requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for offences like cheating, intimidation, fraud, breach of trust etc.... against the person, supported with all relevant supporting documents. 

2.  IF the Police does not take action, THEN you can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet.  The said Person may come down for settlement.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal


Retired employee.

Believe me, Police will not take any action and contact local advocates and file a Private complaint and take immediate civil action for recovery of the amount on fraud.  Also, issue a notice to all other legal heirs that the seller has sold his share to you and demand for partition.  Time and again the experts always advised for obtaining valid legal opinion in such huge purchases where hard-earned money is invested in real estate.  Prevention is always better than cure.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu