Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Tiwari (MD)     01 August 2018

Sell two wheeler

Dear Experts,

I have a 2003 model two wheeler bike. A buyer is interested to purchase it. Do I need to sign a sale agreement if yes please share a draft and also how much amount stamp paper required?

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     01 August 2018

You can obtain sell letter from concern RTI office along with other forms for transfer of bike.

1 Like

Prakash Tiwari (MD)     01 August 2018

Thanks for the reply sir.

in case the buyer later commits some nuisance i want to be on safe side by signing a sale agreement.

dou suggest it is mandatory to sign sales agreement. If yes pls share some format and how much stamp paper

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 August 2018

Steps to follow while selling your bike.

1. Please do get a copy of the RTO forms (the 28, 29, and the 30 numbered forms with the original delivery note, freely available at the RTO).
  2. Keep your old Registration Book or Card copy along with the delivery note. Also insist on the Registration Book/ Card copy after the bike has been transferred to another buyer. Although this may take time in your case since its a dealer in between but in my opinion do insist on this whenever he sells the vehicle to any buyer, till then the delivery note is your only proof.
  3. After the bike's ownership title is transferred you can even ask the insurance company for a refund of premium for the balance months, if any.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2018

Check in person at LOCAL RTO office.

The requisite forms should be available.

Appear in person with buyer in the office and keep copies of forms submitted and fee etc deported and transfer of bike in buyer’s name.

Anil Upadhyay (Lawyer)     02 August 2018

Prepare sale deed with declaration from buyer... and sign proper form for transfer of ownership.... thereafter intimate the authority after sale with documents copy.

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     02 August 2018

Miss Neta Bajpai,
YOU dont need to execute a Sale agreement as per the Motor Vehicles Act Forms 28 29 30 are sufficient proof to prove asale cum transfer. The delivery note serves as the major evidence for transfer or sale.

As per the recent supreme court guide lines once the transfer is made and yet unregistered with the Road Transport Authority it is termed as DEEMED OWNER SHIP and the onus lies on the buyer to prove any such incident from the date of transfer.
please collect the Aadhar card copies, mobile numbers & driving License of the buyer.

Adv. Solomon Raj,
Attorney at Law,
Bharat Gaurav samman awardee 14
AICC National Legal Chairman.
email:rajcarey@yahoo.com
phn:9866545086

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register