Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smart advocate (CR)     18 August 2012

Self defence

My Respected Honourable Sir / Madam,

Can a person file his/her personal case in the court ( Lower Court, High Court / Supreme Court ) with the relevant genuine documents and argue him/herself without an advocate. Please advise at your earliest with all the procedure.

M.V.VENKATESH, Hyderabad, India

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     18 August 2012

You can definately appear in all the courts in person. It is not mandatory to engage an advocate. If you are confident that you can put up your case properly and have adequate knowledge of the laws and procedure, if you feel you can take cross-examination, draft the pleadings and argue the case properly then go ahead and conduct the case in person. There is no special procedure for a person conducting the trial in person except that you do not have to file a vakalatnama.

smart advocate (CR)     18 August 2012

Honourable Advocate Archana, i sincerely thank you for your jet reply to my query. Though two of my own very close family members are in the legal practice, my close friend, who is not in a position to pay the fees to file case at this point of time, requsted me to find is any any law / rules to file case and argue (self defence). Again I sincerely salute for your adequate information and guidance. M.V.VENKATESH

Democratic Indian (n/a)     18 August 2012

You can surely argue your case as "party in person". But personally I would advise you to avoid it unless you are very familiar with procedural and substantial laws involved, as well as latches in law. Playing the game in theory and playing the game in arena is a very different matter.

If you have heart problem, would you entrust your heart surgery to a layman or a professional and experienced heart surgeon?

It is not always necessary to hire expensive lawyers. One can go for a lawyer that suits his pocket.

smart advocate (CR)     20 August 2012

Resepcted Sir / Madam, I sincerely honor your information and point of view. thank you so much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register