Seeking speedy divorce - current wife had two previous undeclared marriages

Hi Forum members

I am 30 and got married to a girl aged 28 in July this year under the Hindu marriage act in a temple and then our lawyer applied for marriage registration with the temple slip, but we never went and signed the registration with witnesses.

I found out last week that the girl had two previous marriages about which I had no clue. She has a divorce decree from the first marriage and for the second marriage she says that she got married in a private ceremony and never did any legal registration. She says she left him because the family was too greedy.

I seek a divorce from her, please tell me the fastest way to anull or dissolve this marriage, I do not want to initiate criminal proceedings against her neither do I want to fight a decade long legal battle.
As of now she is ready to give divorce by mutual consent and is not claiming anything but that can only be started after one year of separation.

please advise.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu