LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipankar Basak   26 March 2017

Seeking guidance to pursue further education

I got the job of Asst. Teacher at a Govt. Primary School of West Bengal. The problem is that I am pursuing my Diploma in Electrical Engineering course (Regular) at a Govt. College. Just 2 (TWO) months are left for my last semester examination when I got that job. I humbly and simply ask you how can I pursue that Diploma legally ? Please show me the light. I do not know anything about the process so please guide me for betterment of my career . I am from an ecnomically backward family. So, I can't consult an expert lawyer at this time . So, I knocked your door . Thank you !

Learning

11 Replies

(Guest)

Education department employees have special permission to take part in educational course.  But you should get permission from BEO office.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 March 2017

It is suggested that: You may, go thru the copies of employment application, forms submitted by you.If there was a column and you filled the course that you are pursuing, then keep these safely.

You may submit application (under proper acknowledgment) thru proper channel to the sanctioning authority (as in service rules) obtain written permission/sanction. 

Your office staff, seniors, admin can guide you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2017

You can continue diploma if permitted by deptt.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2017

You can continue diploma if permitted by deptt.

Dipankar Basak   27 March 2017

Thanks !! I will do the further as per your guidence

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 March 2017

You are welcome.

Employee should download the applicable service rules and go thru carefully and take help of competent and experienced well wishers, elders in the family, employee’s union leaders, a very able cunsel specializing in Labor/service matters and avoid acting on his/her own in haste.

Employee should forge bonds, rapport, goodwill at workplace with colleagues and bosses and remain gentle and amiable.

This can minimize the risks, hazards, misunderstandings, disputes, at workplace and litigation.

The superiors and bosses are known to take extra steps in case of employees that are good.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 March 2017

carefully and take help of competent and experienced well wishers,
He has already approached this forum whose members are competent as well as well wishes.

elders in the family
They may not be aware of service rules,
employee’s union leaders,
after 6th PC the union acticity in Govt deptts is almost dull.
Union leaders generally do lack time and aptitude to handle individual problems rather are discouraged to bring individual problems.
He does not (as per given facts) need them

a very able cunsel specializing in Labor/service matters
He doe s not need to meet a counsel.  He is not going to start any conflict with the deptt.  He simply has to seek permission to continue studies and he is not the first or last govt servant seeking such permission.

and avoid acting on his/her own in haste.
Given facts do not indicate he is acting in haste.  Rather he has to get such permission as early as possible.
Employee should forge bonds, rapport, goodwill at workplace with colleagues and bosses and remain gentle and amiable.

This alone will fetch him the permission.

This alone will fetch him the permission.  

True and agreed by me.

carefully and take help of competent and experienced well wishers, He has already approached this forum whose members are competent as well as well wishes (wishers).

True and agreed.That is why illustrated posts for many years to resolve queries by me.

and avoid acting on his/her own in haste. Given facts do not indicate he is acting in haste.  Rather he has to get such permission as early as possible.

The purpose of the post is aimed to not to act in haste matter in this ost or ever in future in any matter. Purpose served.

employee’s union leaders, after 6th PC the union acticity in Govt deptts is almost dull. Union leaders generally do lack time and aptitude to handle individual problems rather are discouraged to bring individual problems. He does not (as per given facts) need them

Regret, since I have seen many Unions and its office beaeres and leaders going extar mile to coach, guide, care,defend  the employees. Purpose served.

elders in the family They may not be aware of service rules,

Regret, since I have seen many cases where elders and competent and experienced well wishers were aware of the rules and and seasoned enough to understand the finer nuances and give wise and mature advise to thier sons and daughters. In many cases the elders could themselves understand by virtue of their experience. In amny cases elders could find support base for their sons and daughters and understand themselves first and then download to thier sons and daughters and stand with them like a wall.Purpose served.

a very able cunsel (counsel) specializing in Labor/service matters He doe s not need to meet a counsel.  He is not going to start any conflict with the deptt.  He simply has to seek permission to continue studies and he is not the first or last govt servant seeking such permission.

Agreed to the extent that the employee has himself agreed to act on advises rendered. Emphasis is on; Employee should retgain access to seasoned counsel specializing in Labor/service matters. I have seen many counsels treating employees like thier own and even not charging any fee for small tiem consultations. The employee having access groomed themselves better and became properly informed.Purpose served.

Dipankar Basak   29 March 2017

Sir! I decided to continue my work as an assistant teacher now. I will drop the semester examinations for this year and will attend the examination as a casual or drop out candidate, next year after getting permission from the DPSC Chairman. After building a good reputation with my colleagues and seniors and after my service book would be made , I will approach the higher authority to give me permission to pursue higher education. The rest will depend on the very best judgement of my higher authorities. Thank You!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2017

For your other queries in other threads as well:

"Employee should download the applicable service rules and go thru carefully and take help of competent and experienced well wishers, elders in the family, employee’s union leaders, a very able cunsel specializing in Labor/service matters and avoid acting on his/her own in haste."

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register