LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inder P. M. (Sr. Lecturer)     05 November 2019

Seeking advice to chose an option of divorce or separation

I'm (42 yr) married since Jun,2009 and living with wife (38 yr), mother (62 yr) and 2 daughters (7 yr and 2 yr). The attitude of my wife is mostly angry and aggressive since our marriage. She behaves normally with non-family members, but she is rude and disrespectful towards me and my mother. Our relatives have consulted to her many times, but all in vain. Her parents only believe to her words, but they don't interfere much. We both are working, I am in private job and she is in govt job. My mother take care very well of our kids when we are out for work. My wife is a greedy woman and always tries to control my finance. The 90% of house expenses are borne by me (school fee, milk, electricity, house-maid, maintenance etc, mostly through bank account). Now as she has a good bank balance, so she has started threatening to be separate a take custody of kids. Even she has sent threatening messages on whatsapp to me that she will ruin my life. We don't have physical fight, but atmosphere is very tense between us and I am frustrated with this tense and turmoil life. Now future life is unbearable together. My mother alway says to me keep mum for our kids. Kids love very much to all of us, but I am worried about their mental health due to tense atmosphere at home. She is generating additional income from bribe and sharing with her parents and borther, I have no concern about that. Please suggest, should I go for a divorce or separation?

Learning

3 Replies

Sb Karma   05 November 2019

Originally posted by : Inder P. M.
I'm (42 yr) married since Jun,2009 and living with wife (38 yr), mother (62 yr) and 2 daughters (7 yr and 2 yr). The attitude of my wife is mostly angry and aggressive since our marriage. She behaves normally with non-family members, but she is rude and disrespectful towards me and my mother. Our relatives have consulted to her many times, but all in vain. Her parents only believe to her words, but they don't interfere much. We both are working, I am in private job and she is in govt job. My mother take care very well of our kids when we are out for work. My wife is a greedy woman and always tries to control my finance. The 90% of house expenses are borne by me (school fee, milk, electricity, house-maid, maintenance etc, mostly through bank account). Now as she has a good bank balance, so she has started threatening to be separate a take custody of kids. Even she has sent threatening messages on whatsapp to me that she will ruin my life. We don't have physical fight, but atmosphere is very tense between us and I am frustrated with this tense and turmoil life. Now future life is unbearable together. My mother alway says to me keep mum for our kids. Kids love very much to all of us, but I am worried about their mental health due to tense atmosphere at home. She is generating additional income from bribe and sharing with her parents and borther, I have no concern about that. Please suggest, should I go for a divorce or separation?

Mutual separation is best option for both of you.I will suggest to go through mutual separation.

And please consult your local lawyer who will understand your situation from there,because he will understand the every point which in future help you most.

But again i will support mutual separation!

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 November 2019

Mr. Inder it is really unfortunate for a woman to be so cruel. Anyways your mother sems to ba very nice lady who advised you rightly but it appears that your wife is not willing to be peaceful with you.I advise you just  grab the olive branch and creat atmosphere to force her to divorce mutually .Just you need a plan to act on otherwise she would claim manythings un necessarilyJust make your mind that you will divorce her but very clreavelry and protect your life from miseries...

Marry again with some good woman and live peacefully and give a peaceful life to your mother as that is important.

A truoble would lead to troubles,so better to cut this bracnch,,,,as this time you can plan for other things  before it is too late...

TGK REDDI   06 November 2019

Not only your wife but also all wives are cruel. If you don't apply for divorce forthwith, you'll be out of the frying pan into the fire. Never commit the blunder of marrying.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register