LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anees (Designer)     21 August 2009

Section 448 & 506

My friend's uncle is arrested six days before and charged 448 & 506. What does this sections stands for. Is it bailable or non bailable. If bailable what is the procedure. Can we avail bail at station itself. How long will it take to get bail in coimbatore. Kindly help me to solve my friends problem.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     23 August 2009

Dear Anees,  S.448 is House Tresspass.  It is cognizable and bailable.  S.506 is criminal intimidation.  It is non-cognizable and bailable.  One of the offence being cognizable, police has arrested without warrant.  However, both the offences are bailable. You can avail bail at the station itself.  You have to immediately approach the police officer concerned and inform him that you are interested in getting bail.  You have to give in writing a personal bond that you will appear before the court on the date of hearing and attend the police station as and when required.  Police after arresting a person are required to produce him before the court within 24 hours of arrest.  First of all, confirm from the police that whether his police custody has been extended and if yes, till what date.  On that date, you can approach the court and file a bail application and you will get the bail. ddkharpudikar@indiatimes.com

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     25 August 2009

It is bailable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register