LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankita Gupta   28 October 2018

Section 294 of IPC

Me(Age:25) and my fiancee(Age:28) had parked our car on road side and we were on call with our friend, it was around 10:30pm. I was leaning on my fiancee's shoulder. Soon a police van approached us and started knocking at our car's door. As per them we were in compromised position. I do not understand how leaning on shoulder is a compromised position. They threatened us to call our parents and take us to police station. We are going to get married soon and didn't want to get into unnecessary trouble and create tension in both the families. They demanded us 15k and later on came down to 5k. We paid them the amount and left the place. But it has hurt both our conscience. We were not doing anything wrong.
We got penalized for God knows what. Were we really at fault? Is there any other way we could have handled this situation.

Learning

3 Replies

manoj   28 October 2018

you would have fight for the right when you did not do any wrong.

V E MANOJ KUMAR

ADVOCATE

CELL NO 8686159292

Murtuza Bohra   28 October 2018

in India I think for all practical purposes you have made right decision at right time. Fighting for your right is in itself a very lengthy and harassing process.
2 Like

manoj   30 October 2018

The corruption is not uncommon in India. Recently the enforcement of Anti-Corruption laws left much to be desired. Recent years have been marked with a growing public dissatisfaction over corruption and its cost to the Indian ecomony. For the past years there is a huge public sentiment against corruption. As per your query you encouraged the corruption by the public servant. As per your query it reveals, you did not do any mistake, but the public servant demand for money, you would have fight for his activities. No body can change India from corruption unless every one takes it as serious isssue.

V E MANOJ KUMAR

ADVOCATE

CELL NO 8686159292

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register