Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Kumar (Employee)     05 April 2013

Second wife and her children share in ancestral property

Dear Sir,

My father in law died recently. He have one son and two doughters with his first wife. When his first wife died he got married again and have one doughter with his second wife.

My deceased father-in-law having ancestral property but dont have any self aquired property. During second marriage all three children of first wife were minors. Now all three doughters got married and son of first wife not married.

During marriage of first wifes doughter three acres of land was given to her (without registration) and she sold that land. My father-in-laws second wife got 9 acres of land on her name during marriage and she sold that property 8 years ago. For my wife (second doughter of first wife) they gave 4 acres of land but it is not registered on her name and it not sold.

Kindly let us know whether my father-in-laws second wife is eligible for 50% share of ancestral property? and how the ancestral property can be distributed between second wife and her doughter, son of first wife and her two doughters.

Thanks, Mohan

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 April 2013

his share will bedivided by 50% and each share given to both wives and children

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 April 2013

Everybody will get equal share in the share of the father.

Trupthi Agarwal (advocate)     06 April 2013

evrybody gets 1/5th of the share

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register