second marraige


my sister husband died last year ,leaving three months baby. now we asked her for second marraige, and one man is now ready to marry her, she also given her consent. my sister did not  demand and get any alimony from first husband side ( died).

1. can now she do second marraige? the baby is with mother. could first husband side create any problem to custody of child?

3. may we put name of second father, as initial to this child born for first father, to get birth certificate?

4. is there any legal problem in future?



Hi your sister marriage to another person and their no any problem from first husband parents side only your sister loose some right in property which she owen if she stay with them  other their no problem.

second their about children your sister take care of her child and ask to custody if their any problem or demand by her first side 



1.Yes as first husband cease to exist.

2.Mother is natural guardian and morover still infant. No one can separate legally. But as duty since her in-laws would see part of their own son in the child she should provide some quality time to be with the child. If not it is denying child right as well. Mother should be compassionate and inclusive. There is nothing to be gained by isolation towards kid. Some mutual agreed terms to be considered.

3. Don't deny child its' identity. From these question it sounds like you are from her future husand side or himself. It is sad to twist and turn law to suit ones own purpose and childs. Even if mother is okay with this. It is blatant act.

4. No one guarantee what future holds.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu