LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumita (personal)     12 November 2013

Scanned vakalatnama

Is properly signed but scanned copy of vakalatnama accepted in family court?

will be out for some official work and was not aware of the case. What are the options to get an adjournment done?

Thanks!

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2013

Scanned or photo copy of Vakalatnama will not be accepted by the court, instead file  memo undertaking to file a vakalat in the next hearing.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 November 2013

Scaned or photo copy of vakalatnama  if bears original signature of client than it is acceptable  but in family courts under the provisions of Family Court Act 1984 appearance of Advocate /counsel is barred.see sec 13 of Family Court act 1984

13. Right to legal representation.

Notwithstanding anything contained in any law, no party to a suit or proceeding before a Family Court shall he entitled, as of right, to be represented by a legal practitioner: Provided that if the Family Court considers it necessary in the interest of justice, it may seek the assistance of a legal expert as amicus curiae

GeorgeMoss   07 May 2018

Good information! It tends me think more properly because I got to know about the procedure of this court just by this article. Even I see the gratitude in the nature of this blogger and australian writings au share wonderful material. So thanks for this information and also I request you “Sumita” to keep posting these kinds of articles.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register