Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen (Software Designer)     14 September 2010

Sapinda Relationship

Hi All Legal Fraternity Members,

I love one girl who is my mother's sister.

Details of our relationship is as such

Girl is daughter of brother of my matenal grandmother. It means she is daughter of maternal uncle of my mother.

Does our relationship accounts for Sapinda Relationship? Can we get married as per Hindu Marriage Acts?

Kindly guide me...

Regards

Naveen

Learning

14 Replies

(Guest)

sapinda on maternal side upto 3 generation not allowed.  in ur case its 4 ,may go ahead.

Naveen (Software Designer)     14 September 2010

Thanks Avnish,

What about Girls side. Sapinda says five generation for father side. What about Girl... Who will be consider as her relative/sapinda because of five generation of her father.

I m confused.

Regards

Naveen

Naveen (Software Designer)     15 September 2010

Avnish,

One more question, how is it fourth generation? Kinldy explain a bit...

Your answer was .. "sapinda on maternal side upto 3 generation not allowed.  in ur case its 4 ,may go ahead."

It gives me joy with ur answer, but I want to understand the logic of 4th generation as I have to convince my parents.

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Naveen

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     15 September 2010

Convincing parents for marriage is different thing. What in your case, has that girl's parents convinced ?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     15 September 2010

perhaps it is within sapinda relationship.

he > his mother > his mother's mother > his mother's mother's fatherher

she > her father,who is brother of his mother's mother > her father's father

his mother's mother's fatherher & her father's father.are same person.

therefore 'he' is the fourth generation of his mother's side.

'she' is third generation of his father's side.

now you check whether in your family and biradari such marriages happened previously or not.

Naveen (Software Designer)     16 September 2010

Thanks Arup,

In that case, If I marry her. What are the possibilities that our marriage can be termed as null or void.

Is there any case, where law can protect our relationship.

Girl's Father' is brother of my Nani. Does Sapinda relation give equal waitage to paternal as well as maternal side of any relationship?

With Hope..

Regards

Naveen

Riddhi (Student)     06 May 2011

please solve my problem... i love a girl who's my sister. the relation is as follow she is my mother's uncles granddaughter. i'm a bengali but her mother is married to a telgu family can we marry....???

Riddhi (Student)     06 May 2011

sorry i made a mistake in my last question please solve my problem... i love a girl who's my mother's sister's daughter. the relation is as follow she is my mother's uncles granddaughter. i'm a bengali but her mother is married to a telgu family can we marry....??? thanx and regards

Akash (Distributor)     12 October 2011

I need to know the possibility of this relationship and hence a valid marriage according to the Hindu Act 

I am the guy.  My relationship wiht the girl is as follows:

I (guy) > my Mother > her Father > his brother > his Son > his daughter > her daughter (Girl)

In other words (If the above in not clear):

She (girl) > her Mother > her father > his brother > his daughter > her Son (Guy)

Do the guy and the girl fall in the sapinda relationship or not?

Bottom line, CAN THEY BOTH MARRY???

Please clear off our confusion. Thank u.

I need to know the possibility of this relationship and hence a valid marriage according to the Hindu Act 

I am the guy.  My relationship wiht the girl is as follows:

I (guy) > my Mother > her Father > his brother > his Son > his daughter > her daughter (Girl)

In other words (If the above in not clear):

She (girl) > her Mother > her father > his brother > his daughter > her Son (Guy)

Do the guy and the girl fall in the sapinda relationship or not?

Bottom line, CAN THEY BOTH MARRY???

Please clear off our confusion. Thank u.

hitesh (nbbkjkhhkjs)     26 February 2012

i am in love with my mother cousin sister ,she is also in love.can we ge tmarried leagly

kiran (assistant prof)     03 June 2014

can somebody marry his mother's mother's brother's daughter ??please help it's urgent

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     03 June 2014

While contemplating marriages , the History of of both boy and Girl are deeply studied. 

We have GOTRAM, and Rushi Pravara. 

If both girl and boy are of same Gotra , they become brother and sisters because they descend from same Blood (their elders are same ). 

Similarly the blood relation is SAPINDA relation. 

FIVE generations on father side, SEVEN generation on mother`s side , the proposals are not considered, as per shastra.

Sapinda relationship" with reference to any person extends as far as the third generation(inclusive) in the line of ascent through the mother, and the fifth (inclusive) in the line of ascent through the father, the line being traced upwards in each case from the person concerned, who is to be counted as the first generation;

Also chk Hindu Marriage Act

in my opinion it is within Sapinda relationship

Now if you get married if no one comes to know, nobody is going to object, but when the validity of the marriage would come into question while deciding some other issues on the basis of marriage, this will defntly create problem

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register