Sale of part of residential flat by joint holder

My husband had bought residential premises in Mumbai in 1972 in joint names of my husband & his brother. I am staying in that flat with my son since 1972. My husband expired last year. I am his nominee.

Can his brother sell his 50% right to anybody and that can the buyer stay with us in that flat?

As I do nnot have adequate funds, I am unable to buy his share. Please advise 

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1.  A Joint-Ownership property owned by Two persons, CANNOT be sold (in any manner, whatsoever), UNLESS & UNTIL proper legal "partition proceedings" is conducted, through a court of law.

2.  In instant matter, since the property is a residential Flat, IT CANNOT be partitioned and neither the other brother can evict you EVER, in any manner, whatsoever.

3.  You have to conduct legal proceedings to Transfer 50% Title-Ownership of your Husband, in your name /your childrens name, for your futuristic financial & social security.

4.  Also kindly prefer to visit the following link, for some basic introspection:

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu