(1) We have a rural agricultural land in Perla, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka about 4 acres
(2) It was in the name of my father who expired in 2013. He had purchased the land by taking bank loan as per title deeds. So it is in the name of my mother and my 2 sisters and myself
(3) We are staying in Udupi which is roughly 150 kilometres from the site
(4) The land has a small house( the house is not registered since the land is ours) built by my father's brother family and they are growing areca and rubber crops but did not give us a single consideration till now
(5) We don't like each other
(6) We want to sell the entire land preferably at maximum possible consideration
Various Lawyers Consultations:
(1) One says to settle matter amicably by giving 10 cents to them and sell remaining plot. Though I doubt they will accept.
(2) Another says that possibility of selling the land is low as the said family has been staying there for a very long time i.e. more than 35 years. They have pan card and aadhar in that address descripttion. And they have developed land. So possibility of winning the case in court is low.
(3) Another says we can sell the land but possibility of going to court by that family is low. And even if it happens we can win it.
(4) One of them said land value is just 13 lakh ( which is nothing but he calculated govt rate by a calculator) we gave him govt rate details from registration office.
DC Office Tahilsdhar Opinion:
He didn't want to give any opinion. But He said we could go to any number of lawyers, but land is in our name so go forward for selling and be not afraid.
(1) In all the consultation, the fees was Rs 100 to Rs 200. Is a lawyer's real income from court cases?
(2) Can anyone give me just a straight forward advice?
(3) Hypothetically speaking if we sell the land for 20 lakhs or more but The government fixed rate is around 13 lakh as per Register office for total land. Even if we go to court, if we lose the case, will the court order us to pay govt rate or percentage of sale consideration?
(4) how to sell the land? What documents are required? I already have title deeds, rtc.
(5) whom to approach? Should i put advert in local newspaper and wait for real estate agents to call me or should i approach a real estate agent.
(6) what is a real value of land. Is it govt rate or my own valuation or valuation advice of real estate agent or valuation advice of a lawyer?
Someone please enlighten me even from things i dont know of about these matters.