Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiva (programmer)     10 January 2013

Sale deed forged

hi,

I have done the sale deed to a personA and received 50 thousand by check. with the condition that he will purchase in 3 months time. He did not turn up so i send him a notice and sold it to other person.

personA  has manually changed the amount of 50 thousand to 2 Laksh in the sale deed and demanding me to return 2 lakhs.

Can i file a police complaint regarding Forgery. Or how to go amout.

Regards

Shiva

Learning

2 Replies

archana Shankar (Lawyer)     10 January 2013

Sir

U have not  mentioned whether the sale deed is registered or not.. If its registd, u can very well give complaint for making forged document by enclosing a certified copy of the original document from registrar office..

If not, u need to file a case regarding the geNuinity of the forged documents & defend it..

ALL THE BEST.

ADV. ARCHANA  SHANKAR

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     10 January 2013

1. You had entered into an agreement to sell and not a sale deed with the person. There is a vital distinction between the two. The former does not create any right.

2. You were within your right to sell the property if legal notice was served properly and not replied to. 

3. Yes you can press criminal forgery charges. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register