LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

leopold   16 October 2017

Sale deed and parent document

My Mother had left a property for me and 2 siblings without any will and she had expired 4 years back and now we  3 had childrens had decided to seel the property . we have only the sale deed document of our property , Property tax book paid till date, water tax book paid till date and Electricity bill paid till date. the Prospective buyer asks for teh Parent document as of now which we dont have now, kindly advice what all the documents to be submitted by ud to the prospective buyer as per law,

Learning

5 Replies

manoj   17 October 2017

In which year your mother purchased the property if it is in the year's 1980, basing on that document you can continue the transcation. If she purchased property before one decade, then you have to procure the link documents of that property.

manoj

advocate

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 October 2017

The link documents could be got from the Regitration Dept.

leopold   23 October 2017

Thanks Mr. manoj nd Mr.Venu , i got the documents from the  sub Registrar office, thanks for guiding me.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 November 2017

You already have the sale deed i.e. The deed vide which your mother bought the property.

Probably from parent document you mean previous sale deeds and mutation records.

This can be obtained from O/o Authority and official under whose jurisdiction property falls.

In any case if the buyer wants to go for legal opinion before buying his/her lawyer shall also examine and get the record.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 November 2017

Copy of sale deed with your mother and updated mutation record showing ownership by inheritance ( Virasat ka intkaal) say Fard is usually asked for and provided.

Rest is to be settled between you, your siblings and buyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register