LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshmydevi (Homemaker)     10 August 2014

Sale agreement of land

A sale agreement has been executed  for specified amount for a piece of land with a buyer in CHENNAI.. The seller has impersonated the lawful owner and has signed the document and registered the sale agreement. The time limit indicated in the sale agreement to convert the agreement to Sale deed  was one year.  We have come to know of the agreement after 10 years and find that the sale deed has not been executed. by getting the Encumberance certificate from the Sub Registrar.

How to cancel the sale agreement at this juncture as the price of the land has increased multifold. We would prefer to settle this amicably without any police intervention as the owner of the land is nearly 80 years old. Could you please advise. Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     11 August 2014

kindly settle the matter with the actual owner of the property. Any sale agreement that has not been converted into a sale deed is not legally binding on the owner. 

naveen kumar gupta (assistant)     11 August 2014

i had a land agreement with the seller for which i paid him Rs. 400000 and made an agreement which a period of six months was given. but after 10 days i came to know that that particular land has been kept as a land for sewerage plant by the town and country plan. now tell me what is remedy now.

anand (proprietor)     16 August 2014

hello 

the seller ( real owner ) of land made an agreement with buyer some 15 years back..now the buyer got the land validated in registrar office by paying penalty, stamp duty etc and then after final order from registrar office the buyer gifted the land to his daughter and son.now in EC also real owner , buyer and his 2 children name appears.is it ok to buy this land if it comes for cheap price or will there be any problem in future ..whereabouts of the real owner and legal heirs are not available just in case .In the mentioned case if real owner made a agreement with A  on 1st april and again makes one more agreement with B on june 10th ,and B is the owner now with name in EC,what actual right does A have on this property .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register