LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaur   24 June 2015

Rural service/bond post mbbs

Respected Sir, I need some clarification regarding bond on Maharashtra all India 15% quota candidate. Sir, I took admission in way back in 1993 in one of the medical colleges in Maharashtra under all India mbbs 15% quota. At the time and well after my passing out in 1999 there was no documentation ever signed by me or any all India candidates regarding serving the Maharashtra govt rural service or paying off any bond. I visited my college again 7 years later to get a certificate to apply to a overseas university , they were very kind enough and issued me the certificate with statement on it that there are no pending dues against me as well. It was a general perception through out that state govt bond rules are not applicable on all India 15% quota students. However I took admission in overseas varsity and and wanted my certificate to be verified by college. The ECFMG an organisation which did the verification job for most of the overseas unis sent the certificate 7 times to college but college never replied. The overseas uni allowed me to continue however they are not allowing me to progress citing non verification of certificates. I must admit through out so many years I was lax and did not bother to ask the college what's happening. However this year I corresponded with college and college had asked me to deposit 100000 bond plus 15% interest from 1999. It is s shocker. They are saying that there was bond on all India candidates hence I need to follow. I would also like to mention that there was a similar case put up before Bombay high court few years ago where all India candidate raised question against the maha govt who applied the bond on them in around 2009-10 just before they were to appear in final exams and stated the same thing that bond is not applicable on all India mbbs candidates. Court ruled that since it was a clerical mistake not to get the bond signed and it could not be a basis for not following the procedure. 
Sir, I would like to know what should I do to get the certificate verified
1. It is unclear however the govt says that there was 1 lakh Rs bond on me. But where is the documentation , I never signed any thing and they issued no dues as well 7 years later. If at all there was any bond on me and it was a simple clerical mistake they why should I pay the interest for 17 years , I could have easily paid the one lak rupee in 1999
2. My college is citing some govt resolution came through in 1996 about the bond, three years later then I took the admission , can the govt and college apply the same bond retrospectively on candidates who took the admission three years earlier .
3. I have gone through the verdict given by Bombay high court citing clerical mistake however that does not mention to apply on everyone including candidates admitted 17 years ago.
4. What's best way to get my certificate attested.
5. If I decide to approach court what the best way and how much time it could take for decision. And what's earliest way
6. I know few court decision that original can't be withheld by any institution for bonds. Would the court treat original and verification of original in the same category because it is stopping me to progress in my career.

Thanks and with best regards,

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2015

Repeated Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=122828&offset=0

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register