LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Rule 6(3) of rti act abused

Appealed to CPIO PCDA (West Comd) Chandigarh under the provn of RTI Act 2005 to provide me info as follows (in 20.06.12):-

a) Receipt / Recoveries made for all the defence commercial complexes as defined 'The Min of Def Commercial Complexes Mangement Rules 2002 ' and Defence Shopping Complexes ( Maint & Admin) Rules 2006 for Delhi .

b) My appl was transferred to Sri Rajeev Kumar Ranjan , IDAS ACDA of PAO (OR) RRRC Delhi stating he is the designated CPIO for Delhi for the info requested.

c) ACDA RRRC instead of providing me the details of receipts /recoveries made from all the commercial complexes (for which Licence Fee Bills and Allied Charges are to be prepared by the DEO Delhi Circle ( Rules 2002) and GEs under Station HQ Delhi C/O Delhi Area (Under Rules 2006) available to their office transferred my application to various offices invoking section 6(3) of the RTI Act 2005  acting as the post master.

d) I appealed to the First Appelate auth who has now responded that CPIO has made all the efforts to obtain the info from various authorities hiding the very fact that rents / licence fee for all such commercial complexes are to be deposited with the consolidated funds of India and to be audited by the Controller of Defence Accounts .It is the offices of the concerned office of the CDA/PCDA which is responsible to ensure that govt of India is not loosing any revenue from those commercial complexes being run by the DEO or the armed forces .Pl advice how to bring senses to the authorities at  the office of the PCDA (West Command) Chandigarh ?

Learning

1 Replies

tarunexports (CEO)     07 November 2012

You must file second appeal under Section 19(3) of RTI Act 2005 before Hon'ble CIC by stating all the facts narrated above and pray for providing the information as sought by you in your RTI application. Prima Facie, I find information sought by you is covered under Section 2(i)(j) & (f) of RTI ACt 2005 and hence disclosable.

Seek relief under Section 19(8)(b) of RTI Act 2005 for being unnecessary harrassed and pray for penalization of all deemed CPIO/s who have not transferred your RTI application within 5 mandated days to deemed CPIO as per Section 6(3) of RTI ACt 2005.

You are lucky that defence department are being heard by Mr M L Sharma who is very pro RTO litigant and comes heavily on CPIO/s like the one you have mentioned in your query.

hd

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register