Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Rude advocates - how to handle them

hi
when you face a bad or rude attitude with your advocate and his assitants on a pending case , what option do you have .
am i  allowed to change the advocate for no reason.i heard i need to get some NOC/consent from my current lawyer to change the advocate
is that true.? am i in some sort of a legal bond with the advocate by filing a vakaltama throug him initially.what repurcurssions will i have on the case othr than the time and extra fees, if i change the lawyer for the above mentioned reason.i dont feel like running my case (civil case on some land dispute) with him at the cost of my self respect.
i want to put this more of a general question..so all view are highly appreciated.

Learning

4 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     17 February 2016

You can change your advocate by just ending notice to him and asking to handover all files to you.

You can thereafter appoint another advocate of your own choice. No need of any NOC/ consent, there is no compulsion.

(Guest)

thanks
but then what are the aspects i shoudl be concerned about  as far as changing the lawyer at this point.

Sidharth   17 February 2016

Simple change the lawyer.  Hire a new one. If previous lawyer return your fees its good else take certified copy from court.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     17 February 2016

Simply notify the previous counsekl that his services are no longer requird and thereafter engage a new counsel.

You can collect the certified copies of the necessary documents in case the previous advocate refuses to return the file to you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register