Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

megh dute (TSI)     25 November 2012

Rti for medical report

Respected All,

Please guide me how i will get the medical records of my wife through RTI from a sub-div hospital/wb?

Regards

Megh Dute

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

You cannot use RTI for getting such private records of your wife and you should not even try to do that. You ask the hospital administration to provide you with the records explaining the reason to them(after all you are husband).

megh dute (TSI)     25 November 2012

I need the report because she file a flase 498a on me on the basis of the medical report. So it's necessary to me

know the details report. Please guide me.

Megh Dute

(Guest)
Then also, you should try to get the information from hospital administration.You can't do it with RTI.

tarunexports (CEO)     29 November 2012

This information(about medical report) is exempted from disclosure under Section 8(1)(e) of RTI Act 2005.

hd

1 Like

megh dute (TSI)     02 December 2012

Mr. Tarunexports it's mean i can ask the report on the basis of u/s 8(1)(e) of RTI act 2005?

Megh

tarunexports (CEO)     04 December 2012

No, the information is exempted from disclosure under Section 8(1)(e) of RTI Act 2005 which means that it can be denied to you unless you prove "larger public interest" for disclosing this information.

hd

(Guest)

@tarunexports,

Prima facie,it's not the case of RTI.RTI can only be applied where the question is about the functioning of the government body or it's functioning of it's officials  or any information about the government body or details of a public servant.RTI  can also be applied when the body in question is substantially supported by the government in financial terms.

In the above case you cannot  apply RTI.The subject about which information is sought doesn't come under Public servant(in this case she is not employee of the Hospital).Therefore,not applicable.

Please find the attachment in support of my views.

(Guest)

Here is the attachement

Attached File : 799103944 a citizen downloaded: 139 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register