LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji (Self)     29 December 2014

Rti before 498a chargesheet

Hi Sir, Wife filed 498a on me and same released on regular bail.But chargesheet not yet filed. Please advsie Is the right time to file RTI on Police. Please advise. Thanks .

Learning

5 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     29 December 2014

Hi

Can you clarify what is it that you want to know throught RTI?

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Balaji (Self)     29 December 2014

Hi Sir,My wife mentioned in FIR 15lakhs dowry and 150 gms gold given. No dowry and gold given at the time of marriage.Please advise is this right time to file RTI? Thanks

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     29 December 2014

Hi

If you just plan to get details of FIR in which you are an accused, then you need not file RTI. You are entitled to get a free copy of FIR. However, the police being an interested party to prosecute you, they hide FIR and don't give details so easily. In my view you lawyer can easily get a copy of the FIr from the concerned police station.

Also, when you have not taken any dowry, then there must not be any photographs regarding these claims with your wife. So no need to worry. Court doesn't conclude any case without evidence. When you wife will not be able to show any photos or video where you are receiving such gold or cash then her case would fall on it's own.

All the best!

//peace

/Saurabh..V

yogendra (engineer)     31 December 2014

First get FIR copy.If they wrote that 15 lakh given and it is false.They will be in trouble in future.If you took 15 lakh and they wrote that dowery given.You can also file case for giving dowry.

gd dy (gd dy)     31 December 2014

@ saurabh,
there r happened in many marraige, tht bride is wearing borrow ornaments which is falsely claimed afterwards with the help of photo session.
in tht case wht is remedy ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register