LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T SANKAR RAO (-)     30 October 2016

Rti

In the process of recruitment to the post of stenographer, the government conducted skill test for a large number of candidates. The Question paper of the skill test consists of a text passage in English of 800 words to be dictated for 10 minutes at the rate of 80 per minute speed. The dictation of the text passages were prerecorded in Audio CDs played back to the candidates in a room through a speaker of public address system and the candidates were asked to write down in shorthand and later transcribe it on computer. As the number of candidates was large, the skill test was conducted in 36 batches on different dates. The Recruitment authorities have not published the Text and audio dictation in the website after the conduct of the examination for the information of the candidates or public in general. As it is a public examination and public has a right to have the copy of the question paper, I requested the Recruitment authorities to supply copies of CDs and the respective text passages of all the batches for my information under RTI Act, 2005 and asked to intimate the costs if any to bear. In reply, the Public Information Officer stated that it is not possible to supply the CDs and Text passages of all the Batches and only to one CD and text of a specified batch on a particular date. My contention is that I am eligible to have copies of Audio CDs along with texts of all the batches as it is a public examination and the question paper cannot be kept in secrete once the examination is over. Kindly let me know whether I can appeal to the Appellate authority insisting to supply copies of CDs and Texts of all the batches

Learning

1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 November 2016

Yes is the sole reply to your query. You have no other option but to file an appeal before the 1st appellate authority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register