Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sateesh (S/W Engineer)     13 March 2010

Rs.200 stamp paper Land agrement validity.

Hello Sir,

Myself Sateesh Kumar, for purchasing a site in housing society, bangalore, The land owner(who is having land in housing society ) and me made an an agreement. We wrote in the agrement in 200 Rs Stamp paper on June-2008 as - the value of the land is 8 lakhs and i gave 7 lakhs rupees as advance to land owner and within the period of 3 months the land owner  show the land and register the land in my name then i need to give remaining 1 lakh rupees to land owner.

But till now (after 22 months) the land owner is not showed his land and not registerd in my name. Whenever i ask with land owner regarding land detalis and registration, he is saying that soon i will show your land and i will register in your name.

I need to know the validity of 200rs stamp paper (even though we made agreement for registration within three months).

Without showing land details and registration, i am not interested on this land. The agrement for 3 months only but now the agrement date is crossed 19 months. Could you please tell me .Please give me an advice how can i proceed with this.  

Regards

Sateesh

Learning

3 Replies

sushil (bussiness)     14 March 2010

the person is a fraud. go to the police station and lodge a strong complain drafted by a competent lawyer. if the person is having proper address and is a permanent resident then you should act immiedietly. any aggrement written on a plain paper or a verbal aggrement is valid in the court of law. dont worry if even the validity of the aggrement is questioned you have to pay a fine of 1 to 10 times of the total stamp duty but this applies only if you want to get the land registered through the court. in yous case i think the person is duping you. tell him in strong words in front of some of wittnesses to either comply or refund the money with interest. i suggest even if you do not lodge a complain right now then even you should inform the p.s. in details about the happenings. might be there are more complaints against that person.

ashok trivedi (advocate)     23 March 2010

Lodge a police complaint with the police station of your juridiction under sec420 of ipc , by producing a xerox attested copy of your rs 200/- agreement ,if fir is not registered immediately at police station , you can directly approach to Police commissioner of your zone and lodge complaint directly to him with a copy to home secretary of your state . that is the only way to recover your money . you will have to produce all the receipts for the payment along with your complaint

trivedi 

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     24 April 2010

You say you and the owner has entered into a sale agreement but at the same time you say that the owner has not given you the land details. So your statements are contradictory. This shows that you have entered into an agreement without any land details. So it is better that you just ask the owner to return the money with interest. That will be a better proposition instead of going through legal processes and wasting more money and also your time.

Otherwise you approach the Society concerned and check whether the owner is having the land in his name or not. If not, straight away ask for the refund of the amount with interest without wasting any further time on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register