Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudha (xcv)     24 June 2015

Right to property

Hello,

My mother owns a flat in Mumbai suburbs, Borivali West. She has made me the nominee of that flat. We believe that this act will make me the owner of the flat after her.

I have 2 sisters and want to ensure that they will not dispute this right to property after my mother's death. Is making me a nominee full proof.

I believe she has also in her will named the house to me.

Please let me know so that we as a family don't have to be embroiled in a property dispute after her.

Regards

Sudha Rakesh

Learning

3 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     24 June 2015

Your mother is sole proprietor of her property .So nobody have any right to claim if it is bequeathed to you by way of will.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2015

Nomination in Housing Society is not a parallel route to sucession.

The owner can bequeath the self acquired proerty without any issues.

If she has named you beneficiary in the WILL then prompt her to register the WILL.

Probation of WILL is necessary in Mumbai.

Registered WILL fetches more reliance and is unlikely to be set aside, if contested.

She can gift the flat in her life thru registered and unconditional Gift deed.

There may not be any duty on Gift to blood relation.

Gift deed can make a person owner instantly.

You may consult a local lawyer with all documents on record.

Chirag   25 June 2015

hi,

this is chirag patel, This is regarding the Arzoo Swabhiman Nagrik Samiti.
I have paid Rs.4,500/- and have done some affidavait which is notarised. But it is not having signature of any authority person from Arzoo. now several months after samiti agents has told me that u have to pay 1 lakh rupees for house plot claiming, then after i have to build and then again i will have to pay many more rupees.

i dont know wat's going on and this property matters very confusing ....so can any one pls tell me....how to tackle this problem or this samiti is ok or fraud..or any information..??

pls help me...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register