LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Umesh Chandra   28 July 2017

Review petition maintenance let.

I am one of the unfortunate fathers who have seen his son tortured, traumatized & blackmailed by his quarrelsome wife and now I see him being looted by her with the able support of most perverse gender eccentric laws. Fed up of everyday bickering & quarrels which would invariable leave him deeply depressed and at time bleeding, my airline pilot son decided to file for a divorce. This was a painful decision to take after a marriage of over seven years and a male child of six years.

Most of the times, reason of quarrel was old parents staying with the family and her extreme greed to get all our moveable and immoveable assets in her name. She had unique knack of forcing her will on him. He being a pilot has to go for flight at odd hours and therefore his rest hours depended on his flight schedules. She would invariable pickup fight at his resting hours and keep nagging with her unreasonable demands to throw his parents out, put the house in her name, her mother is alone and would stay with her and, many other unending unreasonable demands. Quarrel normally left my son with deep nail scratch injuries as she is a very violent person. Some of these fights were recorded by my son on his mobile.

During the pendency of divorce petition in lower court, filed by my son, she flooded us with cases in different courts.   Maintenance let and Visitation Rights in lower court, case under DV Act 2005 ACJM court and Review petition for Maintenance let, in High Court.

The High Court Judgement in review leave petition for maintenance is total disaster. It clearly shows the prejudices and biases of our legal system. Not only the laws but the system is blind to see the facts, where a lady is involved. All the proofs submitted were twisted and manipulated to prove husband at fault. Court made extra efforts to prove lower court judgement faulty as it failed to ask details of earning of husband but blindly depended on statement given by the wife. She was making contradicting statements in lower court and the high court, but that glaring fact was totally ignored. Lower Court she stated she is working but high court took her unemployed house wife, she stated that her father was a Instructor of Pilot, in thereby giving impression that he was a pilot and earning salary that of a pilot, where as he was Manager, Operation & Technical Training,  at CTE Hyderabad. At best getting salary of a professor. With that impression set on the court that he was highly paid person, she went on to say that she was living in great luxuries before marriage. Whereas the fact is, CTE has no such position as Instructor of Pilot. As an Instructor , he was teaching subjects like dangerous goods, radio aids etc, not only to the Pilots but to all other category of Air India staff too. His family was a middle- class family with two daughters. The family comes from western UP Sahadra, adjacent to east Delhi. The court based judgement on argument that the wife is highly educated and from a very sophisticated rich family, use to luxurious life. Court completely failed to see responsibilities and obligations of husband, that he has old ailing parents and a child of 9 years and heavy house loan repayment. Court also fails to see gluttony and greed of the wife and fully helped her with unreasonable explanations.

Question is not that the order is passed against my son, but it will encourage many such greedy wives to force a divorce on rich husbands. It may become a tool to become rich overnight. Rules are framed for the protection of women in society and that is very valid and just. But, blatant misuse of these rules, ably supported by bias and prejudice court judgments, cannot be justice.  Judges bigotry could ruin a man’s life and destroy his family.

Question is ; where could we go for JUSTICE?  

Learning

1 Replies

Gopal Verma Advocate on Record (Supreme Court of India)     28 July 2017

Mr Umesh there is no need to be so depressed. I do admit that the matrimonial laws in India has a soft corner for women but there are cases too where the higher court has observed the malafide intention of the wife and has come heavily on them. Recent case in supreme court is one such example.

SHRI GOPAL VERMA
ADVOCATE ON RECORD
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
PH-9810090507
Email- vermag@aol.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register