LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhavin thakkar   09 June 2019

Resignation not accept due to short notice

I was resigned from my Job on 31st may with mentioned my last working day 12th june.
But my employer wants me to serve 30 days notice period. However I am ready to serve 12 days notice. 
I have told them that I am ready to pay for shortfall of notice period.But they are not accepting my resignation. 

My offer letter says " Post confirmation, employment can be terminated by either party by giving 30 days notice period in writing

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 June 2019

The offer letter contents of either party is not correct.   Employment can be terminated only by an employer with 30 days notice in writing and employee is concerned with serving notice only.  Legally you are bound and while leaving the organization, these should not happen.  Convince your future employer or present employer.  The foremost thing in employment is peace and having a good record of employment.  After putting such service, leaving with displeasure with pain is a misery.  The employer may be having your necessity as the work you have kept remains unfinished and he can not recruit a substitute within two weeks.  Understand the position of the employer also in finding a suitable substitute within such a short period.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register