LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramanathan (Retired)     29 March 2013

Residential flat owners association service tax

I am residing in flat in chennai. our building consist of 36 houses measuring 500 to 800 sqrts , 3 different type of house are there. there are 4 blocks each consist 9 house  ( 3 houses in a row like 3 rows)

there is a systems in the association, since they called it is ramjee flat owners association , all the owners who are residing in the complex are paying monthly maintenance charges of rs. 600/- each (total 18 owners)

the tenents are paying 650/- each ( 50 rs extra as  sinking fund  ) a total of 20 flats. that way monthly they are charging around 23000

following are their expenses

watchman salary ................. 7500/- pm

prist salary.............................. 2500/- pm

sweeper .................................2200/- pm

besides they pay electricity charges, some times the maintenence of pumps and motors.

since it is not registered association, they have not paid any service or income tax, or they have not keeping proper accounting , no audit has been done till date

the association is 20 years old.

now my question is:

since I am a tenent I ask why they charge extra 50 rs , they have not given any reply they told me that i can recover this from my landlord, which he will never agree.

it is necessary for the association to register and keep accounts , if they have not done that what are the legal action I can take against the association

whether the association has to pay service tax every month, (which they never paid) what is the legal procedure to action against the association

kindly reply me by mail

ramandialnet@gmail.com

Ramanathan

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register