Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amad (Student)     21 May 2010

Request For Assistance PURCHASE OF LAND: Urgent

Respected Lawyers Club India

This my first post in the Forum.  After hearing great about the lawyers club India, I have finally joined it.

Sir, I am  going to buy a piece of Land In Punjab Gurdaspur District, regarding which I need urgent aasistance. Kindly provide me assistance. The descripttion about the and is as follows:

1. Land: Having hlaf built structure of house. Only brick work, no plaster.

2. Surrounding land are farming land.

Int his regard kinldy PROVIDE ME WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT PAPERS THAT I MUST LOOK BEFORE TAKING LAND AND FROM WHERE OR WHICH OFFICE. PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I KNOW ABOUT THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE LAND

I am little concerned about why the structure is half built. I hve been duped earlier in land purchase. Hope that you will provide important piece of advice.

THANKING ALL PEOPLE IN ADVANCE

Learning

12 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     21 May 2010

well you can take various steps like,

1)demand papers of construction permission,

2) whether the land is converted in to non agricultural land or not.

3) regarding title from old 7-12 record of rights for agricultural land , 6 hakpatra.-available from mamlatdar office.-e dhara kendra in mamalat dar offices nowadays.

if you do not want to take any tension then do one thing, if possible tell the person from whom you are purchasing the said property to provide title clear certificate of an advocate specifying the full details of the property.

hope i have answered your query as per your requirement.

regards

1 Like

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.9271971251,9960223100

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkujmarbs@sify.com

REGARDING THE LAND PURCHASE MATTER KINDLY NOTE THAT

1.YOU MAY REQUEST FOR THE COPY OF LAND OWNERSHIP DOCUMENT , AND LAND PROPERTY NO.,OR IN CASE OF HOUSE CITY SURVEY NO. AT THE LOCAL LAND RECORDS OFFICE AT COLLECTORS OFFICE.

2.KINDLY NOTE THAT ALSO INQUIRE WHETHER IT IS AGRICULTURE '/ NON AGRICULTURE LAND./ GOVT.ACQUIRED LAND / LAND OWNED BY SOLDIERS AND ADIVASIS AND OTHER VATANS WHICH CAN NOT BE TRANSFERED. THIS INFORMATION YOU MAY EITHER GET FROM ;THE CO.LLECTOR OFFICE .

3.YOU MAY TAKE A SEARCH REPORT OF THE LAND OR HOUSE PROPERTY WHICH YOU ARE WILLING TO PURCHASE.KINDLY NOTE THAT SEARCH REPORT  IS GIVEN BY THE ADVOCATES AFTER VERIFYING THE CLEAR TITLE OF THE LAND OR HOUSE PROPERTY CONCERNED.NORMALY ADVOCATES CHARGE FEES AROUND TWO TO THREE THOUSAND RUPEES OR AS PER THE RATE APPLICABLE IN YOUR AREA.

4.ON THE BASIS OF SEARCH REPORT YOU MAY PURCHASE THE PROPERTY AFTER ASKING FOR ORIGINAL PROPERTY OWNERSHIP DOCUMENTS AND ALSO MAKING PAYMENT  AND MAKING REGOSTERED AGREE,EMT AT THE LOCAL COLLECTORS OFFICE.IT WILL PROTECT YOU FROM ANY FUTURE COURT MATTER.THE SAID AGREEMENT MAY KINDLY BE DRAFTED WITH THE HELP OF LEGAL EXPERTS AS IT WILL SAFEGUARD YOU FROM ANY FUTURE COURT MATTERS PLEASE NOTE.

YOU MAY WRITE AND SEND DETAILS IN CASE OF ANY FURTHER HELP

THANKS.

1 Like

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     21 May 2010

You should check the concerned revenue record in the office of revenue authorities. And should obtain NEC for last 13 years (minimum).

karthikeyan (lawyer)     21 May 2010

before purchasing the property peruse all the title deeds and encumbrance certificate for 30 years, chek the details of building licence and local permission. better get legal opinion of a lawyer.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     21 May 2010

I would suggest that you engaged a Title Investigator of your area to do the job. What the members suggested is correct but you will find it hard where to start and how to go through all the revenue records etc, its quiet burdensome and very difficult for a lay man. Just catch hold of Title Investigator (Advocate) who can assist you.

(Guest)

Respected Sir,

I like to purchase the house in Vellore, Tamil nadu,  - through bank loan, but the seller's patta documents missed. so, legal opinion not available from the bank's lawyer due to non submission of patta documents.

How can solve this situation? How can I get the copy of patta from where? please help.

my Email ID. ksca_sankar@yahoo.co.in

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     22 May 2010

well then try approaching to registrar and obtain certified copy if available as if saler have registered it will be available.

or do other thing you just visit your local advocate and tell him i want particular document alongwith necessary details of property like reveue number or survey number whatever.

regards

niranjan (civil practice)     22 May 2010

While agreeing with the suggestions of learned friends,one thing that I would like to say that the house is built in the agricultural land and so it is farm house attached with the agr.land. I do not think that it could be separated from agr.land without being that particular piece converted into non-agr.purpose.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     22 May 2010

Are you a farmer yourself? If not forget it farmhouse or no farmhouse. if agricultural land is attached, only an agriculturist can buy it.

Amad (Student)     22 May 2010

RESPECTED MEMBERS THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR THE ASSISTANCE. FROM THE ABOVE REPLIES I AM GETTING THAT:

1. I SHOULD GET AN ADVOCATE TO LOOK INTO THE DETAILS OF THE LAND.

2. SHOULD GET A TITLE CLEAR CERTIFICATE

3. SHOULD CHECK THE REVENUE CERTIFICATE FOR ATLEAST 13 YRS.

KINDLY LET ME KNOW IS THE OFFICE OF REVENUE PRESENT IN EVERY DISTRICT?

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH

MR. Advocate Gulammayudin A. Gagdani

MR. NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT

MR. Ashok Yadav

MR. karthikeyan

MR. N.K.Assumi

MR. Niranjan

MR. Anil Agrawal

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     24 May 2010

revenue department office is present in every district in form of mamlatdar ofice, drt office etc.

as from mamlatdar village/city  you will get all information.

Regards

Mr Abbas (M.D)     25 May 2010

DEAR AMAD JI ARE YOU FARMER BY HERIDITORY?????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register