Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K S Rao   19 December 2018

Repeated calls from bank collection department agents

Dear All, 

I am using Credit Card from ICICI Bank Hyderabad for last 14 years. I generally pay my monthly card payments on time but though wont delay intentionally, it may skip sometimes due to various reasons. 

Whenever there is delay in payment, even one for month, I receive so many calls per day from different locations / numbers. They don't stop even if I acknowledge their intimation and ask them not to call. They literally blackmail to make payment to stop these calls.

I called ICICI Customer Care and complained about these calls but they are also giving reckless answers saying make the payment to stop these calls. When I ask them who gave them right to make several calls per day (sometimes 20 per day from different numbers / locations), they are saying they have right to intimate. When I ask how many times they "Intimate" call per day, they have no answer. 

Literally they are blackmailing by saying "pay the bill to stop these calls OR else you will receive such calls"

Can someone help me

1. Can bank collection department executives can make so many calls per day? Won't they stop calling if we ask them to do so? Can they make so much nuisance by calling so many times just for one month bill payment delay?

2 Are there any guidelines for banks while calling customer in the name of "intimation", just like BCSBI Code / Guidelines for Collection Agents for visiting customers.

3. Is there any solution for this OR have to bear the calls harassment till I pay?

Appreciate if anybody can help with useful information / guidelines / rules pertaining to this issue.

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2018

The CC Company has to maintain applicable guidelines of regulators and their internal policies framed in accordance with guidelines of regulators in their office, on websites including list of collection/recovery agents and provide these without any cost to cardmember/customer.

e.g; RBI; Master Circular on Credit Card operations…

likewise IBA,BCSBI etc

Also for conduct of collection/recovery agents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register