Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya (Manager)     29 October 2018

Reopening respondent evidence on maintenance

Hello Experts,

My maintenance case was pending from 3 years. Wife didn't attend for cross examination and after giving a year time, her evidence closed. i was given a week time to attend for my evidence. I live in US and attended for hearing. But the judge posted my evidence 3 times  (attended and waited in court whole day) to next dates ( even i was requesting her that i just have 10 days leave) then i returned US after filing a petition to allow me to attend the cross examination on Skype (as per recent AP high court judgement  allowing to attend using skype ). She didn't allow my petition and closed my evidence and posted for arguements. I lost the opportunity to prove my wife is working in US  (wife claiming that she still lives at her parents home without job). Then I aproached AP high court to allow me to attend through skype. Surprisingly High court judge wants to settle the maintenance amount by himself as the case was pending from couple of years (without considering the actual reason for filing the petition) then my lawyer requested for time as he cannot agree for that ,and we got stay. Since all stays are lapsing now,  lower court judge wants to move forward with arguements. 

What are the options that i have now? Can we ask in lower court to reopen the evidene again, even it is closed? 

Thanks!!

Learning

1 Replies

Shashi Dhara   29 October 2018

U file an application tore open the case and to adduce evidence and explain situation to court from expert.family advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register