Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramit Tandon   05 February 2017

Renunciation after filing divorce petition

Hi Sir,

Please let me know if I can go for renunciation after filing the Divorce petition. Currently I am 45 years of age and I already decided earlier that I will go for renunciation when I will be at 50. My wife is not living with me for last 10 years and I also have a son who is 16 years old and living with me. As she was not living with me and so I filed a divorce so that I can go freely. But she filed false DV and Maintenance case. Now my question is I am ready to pay her maintenance or one time settlement whatever I can pay till the age of 50. Can I go for renunciation whenever I want after 50 peacefully. Or is there some obligations. I do not have any properly but I am living with my mother in ancestors home, that my Uncle and Aunts also have share. What should I do.

Learning

5 Replies

Ramit Tandon   05 February 2017

autohide4u Yes you are right, I am not yet ready. That's why I mentioned when I will have to go.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ramit Tandon
Hi Sir,

Please let me know if I can go for renunciation after filing the Divorce petition. Currently I am 45 years of age and I already decided earlier that I will go for renunciation when I will be at 50. My wife is not living with me for last 10 years and I also have a son who is 16 years old and living with me. As she was not living with me and so I filed a divorce so that I can go freely. But she filed false DV and Maintenance case. Now my question is I am ready to pay her maintenance or one time settlement whatever I can pay till the age of 50. Can I go for renunciation whenever I want after 50 peacefully. Or is there some obligations. I do not have any properly but I am living with my mother in ancestors home, that my Uncle and Aunts also have share. What should I do.

I see two cracks here. One you, the other who replied to your query vis a vis auto. You cant just file divorce petition, and tell that you want to renounce this world. That is a kind of smartness which is seen in people who have filed divorce, I dont know why you want to now. But be assured, your renunciation gimmick will attract the following. Warrant. You get caught, you will be in judicial custody for nonpayment of alimony. If you dont pay, you can continue your renunciation in jail itself, in the hole. You can clear the balance due to your wife and kids etc and come out and continue paying alimony till court finishes your divorce case, if it is dismissed, you will have to keep paying her alimony till she remarries. If divorce is granted, still you will have to pay her alimony till she remarries or till the day she dies. Eitherways your renunciation programme is up for a toss. If you dont get caught when warrant is issued. NBW will be issued. If you get caught, no bail. You will be inside ie in jail and at mercy of magistrate who can grant bail till such time he grants it. Here too your renunciation programme is hopeless. So what I advise you is, forget renunciation. First settle matter by either paying one time alimony to wife, take divorce and go to himalayas or wherever you want (which fits the definition of renunciation). No court will agree to your paying alimony till whatever age you can and then let you go free. If you were really smart, which you are not, you would have renounced this world the day you got married. Total escape from all alimony etc.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     06 February 2017

Your intentionto renounce the world smacks of escapism. If your wife or son files cases against you you sucessfuly fight against them on merits and win. After discharging all the matrimonial duities and proving yourself as a  righteous person and divorce you can freely renounce the world.

Ramit Tandon   06 February 2017

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Actually she deserted me, my son and matrimonial house around 10 years back. And that time I decided that I will be with my son till he becomes educated and independant. I also decided to NOT marry again because I did not want my son to face the cruelity of Step Mother or partiality of step siblings. Considering that I filed the case so that I can be free from all the responsibilities. There is no intention of escapasim as I also mentioned that I am ready to pay as per my capability, either one time full and final settlement or maintenance.

My intention is just to be free without any matrimonial and/or legal complications as well.

A walk alone (-)     06 February 2017

Go MCD pay one time alimony and get rid of her forever otherwise you will waste a decade in roaming courts for fighting cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register