LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sri Ram   03 January 2020

Renting house on co tenant basis in karnataka

A group of known people wanted to take my house for rent as co tenants. In view of their transfer or other movement, they requested to permit to allow subleasing to a new joiner, if some one moves. All of them wated to be a part of the rental agreement with a clause of adding a new co tenant in place of any one leaving.

I need to know & understand the legality of the following.

1. There are 6 persons in the group, hence do I need to take  permission from authority? is Where to approach BBMP or other wing?
  2. Does this will be considered as PG or Hostel, as the renting is basis of "furnished house" & multiple tenant?
  3. Can we allow anyone to join later? Will allowing later do considered this as business?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     03 January 2020

1. Random & consistent change in Tenants, would amount to running a "Paying Guest Home /Inn" facitlity which will require permission & registration from local Municipal & Police authorities, as well as paying commercial rates of property tax, electricity & water bills & service /maintenance charges.

2. The above is NOT applicable for one single tenancy agreement, with fixed persons for fixed durations.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register