Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 July 2017

Sir, 

Didn't u inspected the property before u entered into the property .... I mean what does the rent agreement says with respect to all this issues, because suppossingly today the owner and agent can put a blame on you for all this .... Make sure u have records stating about this issue to the owner to be safe on your side.  

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Aman (employee)     19 July 2017

Thanks for Replying Kapil Ji.Yes we had inspected the house before and there were no signs of dampness but it might also be the case that it was not visible because house was recently painted.I have proper records of all the followups done with the owner.Please advise what should be next step.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2017

Next time let a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/property/rent/civil matters advise you on agreement that you have to sign.

Search and obtain next property and request the brokers for refund......................... 

Thanks Kumar Sir - but how do I recover cost of shifting and brokerage and also my security deposit - the agreement does not speak of treatment of any issues apart from water taps/electricity found in house after moving in - and sicne the broker has agreed to have known the issues before ( and most likely owner) - can I not seek relief on bases of a fraud and cheating done against me only to cause inconvinience?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2017

Probably the dampness has been removed as per your satisfaction and the owner or its broker want to wait for sometime to see if it recurs.

Thereafter they may paint the walls again.

Why don't you ask owner if he/she knew and paid the representative broker for repairs.........earlier?

The owner denies to have it in his knowledge - broker did know that something like this has happened and might happen again - neighbours also told that there had been severe issues with dampness and even sewage water in this floor before - none of which was brought to my notice when I rented

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register